The Best Game of All Time Is...

Started by
76 comments, last by farmersckn 23 years, 9 months ago
I thought we should let the board decide... What''s your favorite game, for any platform, and why? I was just wondering... Sometimes even chickens need to eat... Don't bang your head against a wall just to enjoy the good feeling when you stop.
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future. Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
Advertisement
That would have to be doom and quake series. Wish I had a comp fast enough to run q3. Oh well.

OneEyeLessThanNone

also loved Metal Gear Solid

Oups forgot to close the brackets

Edited by - OneEyeLessThanNone on June 24, 2000 12:04:21 AM
MOO
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
My favourite games (I can''t just choose one!) are the games which I go back and play more than twice and still have great fun no matter what stage of the game I am at.

They would have to be Xwing Alliance and Star Control 2.
JeranonGame maker wannabe.
My favourite games of all time would have to be the Monkey Island series and the Space Quest series.
I don''t know if any of you have heard of it but
my fav was Day of the Tenticle.

if anyone else has heard of it tell me what you thought
(i''m sure this will be very contraversial)

ttyl
-Thr33d
X-COM: UFO Defense. Hands down for me. I think I''ve played it through 3 times, and I''m sure I''ll go back to it again.

I played DOTT, Thr33d. It was pretty good, but one thing that adventure games can''t do (or the ones I''ve played) is give replay value. You play it once, and I can''t imagine playing it again. I think Bernard RULES though. I want to use his image as a logo.

Rock
That is pretty tuff. I think it would have to be the Thiefs. Though i am having a tremendous ammount of fun with Dark Reign 2 right now
DOTT ruled - there''s nothing controversial about claiming it to be one of the best games of all time!
Although, I''d have to go with System Shock myself, or Grim Fandango...Quake was excellent, people give it too much crap cause they are embarassed that they liked it like everyone else did!
Thief was definitely near the top of my list. It was so original. Another question... What is it about these games that made you like them so much? For thief, it was the originality, and the focus on stealth. On top of that, it was a very pretty game, and it had really good a.i.

Sometimes even chickens need to eat... Don't bang your head against a wall just to enjoy the good feeling when you stop.
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future. Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement