vc question

Started by
6 comments, last by Fariz 20 years, 8 months ago
For the compatability sake I have to typedefe some general types, for example: typedef short int16; Unfortunately vc does not show the typedefed variables in different colors in its editor, which I used to see. Anyone knows how make editor to show it?
Fariz Alikishibekov, www.warriormage.com
Advertisement
Look up Visual Assist here: http://www.wholetomato.com/products/

This is a handy plug-in for VC that highlight's all keywords, types and user-defined types in one colour and all functions in another colour and macros in a different colour still, gives you advanced autocomplete like auto closing brackets etc and is completely customisable.

- CheeseMonger

[edited by - CheeseMonger on August 7, 2003 6:55:30 AM]
- CheeseMonger
I hate to say it but RTFM
Some useful Visual C++ tips here...
http://www.highprogrammer.com/alan/windev/visualstudio.html

Why you shouldn''t use iostream.h - ever! | A Good free online C++ book
quote:Original post by petewood

Do you not think that it''s a bit of an arse to go through the hassle of adding a keyword every time you invent another data type? And then having to restart Visual Studio?

- CheeseMonger
- CheeseMonger
No. You lazy bum

[ Everwood on DVD petition ]
quote:Original post by CheeseMonger
quote:Original post by petewood

Do you not think that it''s a bit of an arse to go through the hassle of adding a keyword every time you invent another data type? And then having to restart Visual Studio?

- CheeseMonger

No, not when that is the point ... if you want all data types to be highlighted, then yes ... but, as I only want certain rudamentary data types to be elevated to the status of "keyword" ... then I am very glad this is here ...

examples of items added to my list (uint, int16, int32, uint16, uint32 ... basically all of the typedefs in my BaseTypes.hpp file ... and ONLY those types) ...
"highlight''s all keywords, types and user-defined types in one colour"

is there a reason it would do this? Why would it assume I want keywords to be the same color as types?

If it exposed 3 different settable colors, which I could (if I wanted) set to the same options, then this would be highly usefull ... or even just 2 colors ... 1 for keywords (including those set in the VC directory by the user) and another for types (or technically user-defined types, since the built ins are keywords).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement