Devious

Started by
12 comments, last by ShlomiSteinberg 20 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post by higherspeed
Well I haven''t got very far with mine, but it will be state based, with a dynamic map and instead of making straight decisions, it will assign a probability to a task, then decide at the end.

It will use a dynamic map of the arena, with each tile given a probability of the enemy bot being there. If the bot is seen then the map is reset with a probability of it being in one place, if sight is lost, then the area spreads out. The view triangle constantly resets the cells it is looking at to 0.

Sounds like a plan

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Member of the Shove Pouya Off A Cliff club, SPOAC. (If you wish to join, add this line to your signature.)Member of "Un-Ban nes8bit" association, UNA (to join put this in your sig)"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Advertisement
A tile-based map sounds like an ok idea for simplicity of reading it, maybe.
I think I''m more likely to approach a state machine than fuzzy logic etc, maybe implementing a ''task queue'' with simple tasks like ''turn 180 degrees'' to make the main function clearer and easier to code. I might take a leaf out of my AI modules at uni and do a level-based architecture - level 1 is obstacle avoidance with one or more layers above it for general strategies.
I gave up on the mapping stuff, I had it working alright, until I hit a wall and slid across it... detection walls isn''t working properly (i can be standing in a corner and it will tell me there is nothing in front of me), so it makes it VERY hard to make a good map of the area, and once it does, any hickups like sliding along a wall will break it.
quote:Original post by ShlomiSteinberg
quote:Original post by Dragon88
My bot is actually more accurate than devious, it''s just when we get up close and mine loses sight of him that things get rough...

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus

How did you do it more accurate? Can you post just the code where you rotate to the enemy bot? Please!

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

I don''t know if it is truely more accurate or not, it is at least as accurate, and it seems to be more accurate, but perhaps not. How bout instead i post a little dumber version of my bot?

(Stolen from Programmer One)
UNIX is an operating system, OS/2 is half an operating system, Windows is a shell, and DOS is a boot partition virus

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement