eXtreme Programming - a cult?

Started by
15 comments, last by rohde 20 years, 8 months ago
Are you into extreme programming (or just annoyed by their cultist devotees) read this - it''s interesting: Hackot So, anyone here into XP? "Yeah, I would''ve killed you, but I''m glad I didn''t - the paperwork is a bitch"
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
Advertisement
I guess this is the best defence for XP, when its opponents can''t come up with better arguments than to draw some far-fetched analogies to unrelated concepts in the world.

Umm... Apple sucks because it uses a lot of blue colors while I would never eat a real blue apple.
That article was pretty lame...
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Yeah well, I''ve never tried out XP in practice - but boy have I met people who''re almost fanatic about it.

Have you/do you used/use XP? Any benefits?

Usually people just give me som vague explanations about why XP is oh so good. It''ll be nice if someone for a change could tell me whether they actually benefit from XP when working on a real world project.

"Yeah, I would''ve killed you, but I''m glad I didn''t - the paperwork is a bitch"
"We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." -Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680). | My blog
xtreme programmin is wot? a project? an ide? a way of programming? a language?

i am a newcome to programming
::i am a newcome to programming

And too stupid to type the term into google and look yourself?
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
quote:Original post by thona
::i am a newcome to programming

And too stupid to type the term into google and look yourself?

So you don''t know, or you''re just unnecessarily aggressive?

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." - Lee Jun Fan
"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own." - Lee Jun Fan
XP

"Yeah, I would''ve killed you, but I''m glad I didn''t - the paperwork is a bitch"
I also agree with HenryApe about Apple. Its stinks, I mean theres like 3 games for the stupid thing and its only used for graphics. If I wanted to do graphics I would have used a GFX! he he

// Last Attacker \\---=( LA )=---// LA Extreme \\

ICQ Number : 120585863

E-mail:

laextr@icqmail.com

[edited by - Last Attacker on August 15, 2003 8:29:01 AM]
"Take delight in the Lord and He will give you your heart's desires" - Psalm 37:4My Blog
In reading over that link on XP, I''d have to say that the kind of programming I do now falls into that category. Especially the small changes and on-site customer parts And here I was thinking that was THE way to program... what''s the alternative(s)?

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming

You are unique. Just like everybody else.

"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement