ARB_texture_env_combine

Started by
4 comments, last by Raloth 20 years, 8 months ago
Sorry for this newbish question, but I can't find any information about it and I'm still getting used to OpenGL coming from DirectX. I found the specs for this extension and it's exactly what I need, but I can't figure out what I need to do to get it to recognize the new tokens. The specs say things like
COMBINE_ARB                                     0x8570   
Does this mean I just do #define COMBINE_ARB 0x8570 or is there some header that comes with everything defined for me? glext.h doesn't seem to have it, or my version is very out of date. Thanks for answering my questions on the other topic! I'm having much more fun with OpenGL than I ever did with DirectX . I can get straight to getting what I want on the screen without spending hours debugging my vertex buffers and device creation =). [edit] formatting [edited by - Raloth on August 17, 2003 3:30:29 PM]
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Advertisement
Yes, there are include files for OpenGL extensions over at SGI's Extension Repository. The files you'll need are glext.h and wglext.h. They contain all the #defines required for OpenGL extensions, along with the extension function prototypes. I believe there's some issue with the updating of such files, and whether newer extensions have been included. I'm sure there's some information at the Repository about it...

An answer posted within 3 minutes. Hot damn I'm good...

Coding Stuff ->  [ iNsAn1tY Games | DarkVertex | How To Do CSG | Direct3D Vs. OpenGL | Google ]
Fun Stuff    ->  [ Evil T-Shirts | Stick-Based Comedy | You're Already Here | The Best Film Reviews ]

[edited by - iNsAn1tY on August 17, 2003 3:35:56 PM]
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
Thanks, but it still won't recognize COMBINE_ARB or any of the other tokens. In glxext.h there are a bunch of syntax errors too...

[edited by - Raloth on August 17, 2003 3:44:36 PM]
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
In the spec, both for the core and extensions, leading gl/GL_ is omitted. So the constant is called GL_COMBINE_ARB.

And "syntax error" can mean quite a few things, so unless you give us the error message, we can only guess, but I would say that the file itself is quite unlikely to be wrong.
Hmm that''s weird, the errors suddenly went away. Thanks!
Ok, I''m having troubles getting this to work right now . In DirectX I just used texture stage states but I can''t find the equivalent OpenGL ones. Basically I have a bunch of tiled textures, and then an alpha map stretched over the entire terrain that I want the tiled textures blended with. Help please?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement