Getting all the extensions

Started by
11 comments, last by Drath 20 years, 6 months ago
Is VBO GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object?
If so can I replace GL_NV_vertex_array_range with it and would GL_EXT_texture_rectangle be a sutible replacement for GL_NV_texture_rectangle?
I shall give it a go.

Thanks for the help so far.
Advertisement
HINT: Most of the samples on Nvidia''s web site are specifically designed to work only on Nvidia cards, i.e. they tend to use GL_NV_* extensions that no one else supports. Their sample code is, after all, designed to show you why their cards are better than anybody else''s. Of course, ATI does the same thing, using GL_ATI_* extensions that are unsupported by other manufacturers.

GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object is not a replacement for GL_NV_vertex_array_range, but GL_NV_vertex_array_range is largely unnecessary, so you can just remove all of those function calls. GL_EXT_texture_rectangle is identical to GL_NV_texture_rectangle; the only difference is the names of the enumerants (_EXT_ instead of _NV_).
quote:Original post by Drath
I am certain that the extensions are supported in some way by the card because the ati developers site lists the extensions that I want. The file glext.h has the line:
#ifndef GL_NV_vertex_array_range
in it meaning that is there. I would rather not change the extension for all I am trying to do is build a downloaded program that uses nvidia''s Cg. It was an old example meaning I had to change all the Cg functions and I don''t really want to replace all the NV extensions considering I have no competance in OpenGL yet. I have not been able to find a specification of my card that lists the extensions supported yet.

That is more of a generic extensions file than an ati specific one. Anything that starts with GL_NV is an NVIDIA extension... GL_ATI are ATI extensions, and GL_ARB are none company specific (they are agreed upon by the board).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement