Little Extern problem when creating OpenGL base

Started by
11 comments, last by mehoron 20 years, 6 months ago
openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glLoadIdentity@0 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glMatrixMode@4 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glViewport@16 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wglDeleteContext@4 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wglMakeCurrent@8 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wglCreateContext@4 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glEnd@0 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glVertex3f@12 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glBegin@4 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glColor3f@12 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glRotatef@16 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glTranslatef@12 openGL Window.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClear@4 Im getting those silly errors, anyone know the prob.??
"Game design requiers an open mind. In this biz there are endless possibilitys, and the same, one thing, can be seen from millions of angles."
Advertisement
You''re not linking in the appropriate OpenGL libraries.

How appropriate. You fight like a cow.
god damn it i have the gl.h glu.h and the glaux.h WTF!!! Unless its an older version of those files?
BTW I AM HUGE NOOB AT OPENGL

[edited by - mehoron on October 7, 2003 12:10:04 AM]
"Game design requiers an open mind. In this biz there are endless possibilitys, and the same, one thing, can be seen from millions of angles."
you have to link in the LIBRARIES (.lib files) in addition to including the headers.
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
there in my Lib folder OPENGL32.lib glu.lib and glaux.lib and that folder is in my directorys under tools/options
that was me btw
what compiler/IDE do you use?

there is an option somewhere to list the libraries to link to... i use the borland commands-line one, so i have to put "-lglaux" in the command line (for example; i don''t actually use glaux)...

the lib folder thing tells it where to look, but you still have to tell it to LINK the libs you need!
well im using MSVC++
can''t help you with that (maybe someone else will)...

look in your documentation/help to find out how to link a library into your project.
.....i didnt install the help files........:''(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement