Helius 0.2 game engine testing

Started by
11 comments, last by _Idan_ 20 years, 6 months ago
Iv'e released a playable demo based on my game engine, any tester's feedback will be appreciated. some pics from the demo: pic1 pic2 Your objective is to clear the forest and to survive after nightfall. link for the demo. Edit: use the mouse to look up/down and to turn, left mouse button to hit, middle button to defend yourself and right button to move. [edited by - _Idan_ on October 9, 2003 6:49:29 AM]
Advertisement
Pretty cool Ran well on my machine
(2.4 ghz, ati radeon9800 pro, 512 mb rdram)

I like how the heroine pauses once in a while and sticks the sword in the ground, that''s a cool effect. Did you make those models? They are pretty sweet.
hey, you posted your work on upload.co.il, right?
very nice
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
The models are not mine, i downloaded them from www.polycount.com
Ilankt, i didn''t post my work on that site, that demo was made by Oren Weizman.
heh
same models, that''s why i thought you are the same guys

good work
but the camera isn''t perfect
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
Nice work, but you should take a look at the AI code and camera code

----------------------------------------------
Petter Nordlander

"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. They who understand binary and those who do not"
----------------------------------------------Petter Nordlander"There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. They who understand binary and those who do not"
There is no AI yet, the monsters walk to a specific set of checkpoints or move at random. If the player moves to a certain range they attack.
About the camera, can you be more specific ? I''m working on the part where the camera can cross static objects but any other ideas would be appreciated.
Sounds like AI to me
when i start it up, it tells me that my hardware doesn''t support multitexturing. i have a Radeon 9600. it goes black and loads some stuff (as indicated on the upper left corner) and then terminates. why is that?
fadilthrejk, in the setup stage the engine checks for multitexturing support. It could be something with the card''s drivers.
Someone else said that he had the same problem with a voodoo3 and he fixed it by restarting and removing some programs running in the background.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement