Rename/Copy VC.net projects

Started by
1 comment, last by TechnoCore 20 years, 6 months ago
Why does VC not have any function that allows u to copy & rename a project ? I dont wanna start from scratch every time. Ive been looking for a utillity that does this automatically for me, and have only found one, but it only works for VC++6, and not VC.net. (CopyWiz) Is there another app that does this? How do you guys solve this problem?
//TechnoCore
Advertisement
I''ve had that problem too earlier.
But then i created an appwizard for my projects. Now i just choose New Project > My AppWizard and choose the type and i get a fresh clean project with my common files included plus an empty framework already done.

The downside is, the documentation for AppWizards, esp. in VS .Net is quite non-existant. When you create a new custom wizard you suddenly have a html page plus a monster of &#106avascript which will create your project. And there''s a lot of tweaking needed to get your project done (the automatically created appwizard creates debug and release configs, but does not add debug information to debug, go figure).

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Thanks for the tip! Maybe i''ll look into that sometime later, but for now i really don''t wanna go through all that just to copy/rename my project.

This must be one of the most irritating loss of functions in vc...

Any other solutions ?
//TechnoCore

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement