OpenGL and Linux

Started by
5 comments, last by DJEinst 20 years, 6 months ago
Hey every one I would just like to say that this is one of the best resources for 3D programming out there, and really beats microsofts DX9 tutorials. I''m running linux Mandrake, and I really could use a written tutorials like we have here for Windows, but geared more towards linux and SDL. Any reosources would be great thanks for the help ~~NICHOLAS~~
~~NICHOLAS~~
Advertisement
Scroll to the bottom of the tutorial and grab one of the two or three Linux examples sitting there.

Clutch
Yeah i usually do that but it doesn''t really explain every thing that i need to know....

~~NICHOLAS~~
~~NICHOLAS~~
Its really weird that you mention that now. See this thread.
Zorx (a Puzzle Bobble clone)Discontinuity (an animation system for POV-Ray)
OpenGL is a standard so it is the same on every OS. The only differnce is how it is setup. The most commmon way is through SDL. The tutorial explains all the OpenGL stuff and from that tutorial you can make your own app. You just cannt use glux or any win API. If you have any questions about OpenGL and linux you can goto www.opengl.org they have a fourm just for linux.
--------------------------Nukemmsn: nukem996@hotmail.comaim: nukem996open source open mind
Look here: http://cone3d.gamedev.net

[edited by - brucesinner on October 17, 2003 10:08:06 AM]
"Steel and Fire,Spreading the Holy Word,Dirty Liars,The truth has never been told" - Primal Fear
Actually, Nukem, you can use GLUT, you just have to grab the source code and build it on your own machine.

"Donkey, if it were me, you''d be dead."
I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
"Donkey, if it were me, you'd be dead."I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement