'GL_TEXTURE0_ARB' : undeclared identifier

Started by
3 comments, last by thedigga007 20 years, 6 months ago
Hi, this is my first time on the forum and I have a quick question...I am using SDL/OpenGL on MS Visual Studio .NET and I get this: ''glActiveTextureARB'': identifier not found, even with argument- dependent lookup what is this? I know all my libraries are linked cuz i have written other code w/ no problems...any ideas?
Advertisement
Just a stab in the dark, because you don''t explain your code much...

OpenGL uses an extension mechanism. Since no one ever updates the window''s OpenGL library, the only way to access the newer features and features different cards support is through extensions. glActiveTextureARB is one such extension. Go to NeHe, he has tutorials on using extensions. He even has a tutorial on Multitexturing which is what I am assuming you are doing.

I hope this helps, if not, explain your problem better.
"...."
yeah someone else just told me that too...probably it...thanks ill look into it.
Well one option is to download the GLee library (see sig). It allows you to just do

#include <GL\Glee.h>...gleeInit();  //in your setup code...if (GLEE_ARB_multitexture) //check for multitexture extension {  glActiveTextureARB(...);}//OR alternatively, if you have an OpenGL 1.3 cardif (GLEE_VERSION >= 1.3){  glActiveTexture(...);}

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

I should probably also mention that the forum FAQ has a section on extensions, which includes a link to Dave Astle''s article on the subject.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement