Free MIDI sequencers.

Started by
7 comments, last by cowsarenotevil 20 years, 5 months ago
So, which ones have you tried? So far I''ve only tried JazzWare and it''s at least partly usable, so, what do you use? Are there any non-free ones that are worth the money (I don''t think I''v actually purchased any non-game software for years...)
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
I have a VB exampele cald Music Maker that work fine for me. I don''t know the URL.
I''ll bump this just because I made it so early in the morning that people might have missed it.

quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
I''ll bump this just because I made it so early in the morning that people might have missed it.
Yes, because this is hardly an international community, is it?

I used to have this one called "Presto!", but it only accepted keyboard input, so things never sounded exactly in sync. I''ve searched EVERYWHERE for it, but no luck. If I could only find some floppy I put the zip in...

---
www.diamondshadow.gnuk.net
It''s my game dev "company"s site! Go there!
"Somebody should make a game about pirating video games. That would be interesting."~Chandler
There used to be this program called "Music Time" for Windows 3.1 (it worked on 95 and I think 98 also) that my friend had, and it was mentioned in a gamedev article once, but it seems to no longer exist...

Why not check out the music magazines?

Computer Music (Future Publishing, UK) has an entire PC-based music-making suite of apps on their cover-mounted CD every month. (I think it's just been made Mac OS X compatible too.)

I don't know how easy it is to get hold of it overseas, but it is possible. There may also be a US version of the mag, or at least a similar rival.

Future's website is http://www.futurenet.com.

--
Sean Timarco Baggaley

[edited by - stimarco on November 9, 2003 6:04:17 PM]
Sean Timarco Baggaley (Est. 1971.)Warning: May contain bollocks.
I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. You can''t get it for free unless you are a theif, but you can buy it at www.cakewalk.com. I had Sonar 2.0 XL, but it kept causing errors on my PC, so I just scrapped it and stayed with CPA9.

My Music((a small portion anyways))
as always, kvr-vst.com, use the search function to sort free hosts. cubasis inwire is exactly the same as cubasis except it won''t save songs.. can''t beat that
neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement