Take a gander at my game :P

Started by
10 comments, last by bugboy 20 years, 5 months ago
Please download my game and critque it critically! It's a vertical shootemup with alot of innovations and firepower. Download it at www.insectiledonut.com/finalstrike.exe Screenshots and info at www.insectiledonut.com/prod.htm Bugboy [edited by - bugboy on November 7, 2003 7:49:00 PM]
Bugboy
Advertisement
Thats some crazy assed game alright, not sure about the burped title, blew my ears off a bit..

And some of the graphics are good, but the rest are cheapass looking. like the menus and stuff

Otherwise, great gameplay

Good luck
Ash.
Very 1941 and 1943ish, although I would have liked to have seen faster action and less bullets. I felt like they were just nickling and diming me to death.
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Try to endure the 1st level. The levels after that are much better and nothing like 1943.
Bugboy
BURPING INTRO SUCKS, no offense. Any thought of professionalism went right out the window with the intro.

Anyway, game seemed pretty fun It was little unplayable though because every second, a bunch of garbage was dumped to the screen. It almost looked like some bullet "templates" were being drawn, because oftentimes, the garbage contained bullets at different angles. Essentially, it was unplayable because I couldn't see wha the heck was going on. It SEEMED fun though, from what I could make of it.

I would also say the enemy ships should take less shots, perhaps, and then increase the damage to you as someone else suggested.

EDIT: BTW, a user shouldn't have to "endure" anything; it's supposed to be FUN What they say about first impressions is usually true. If anything, I'd put some of your flashy levels up first, to get people hooked. I don't know if this applies (since I couldn't get a feel for the game with tthe garbage on my screen), but I was just commenting on what you said above.

[edited by - Peon on November 8, 2003 5:07:42 AM]
Peon
I'm debating on whether to take out the intro. I'm a 14-year old male and so is my target audience and we appreciate things like burping out words.

I took your suggestion Peon and changed the demo so that what was once Level 5(and not included in the demo) is now Level 1. Level 5 is awesome so the player will not be enduring anything except intense action and great graphics.

It has a really sweet deal of a boss, so download it again. And I took out the burp for now.

Here's a screenshot of level 1:

Download it Here

[edited by - bugboy on November 8, 2003 1:38:21 PM]
Bugboy
fun game!

how did you make it?

}-- Programmer/Gamer/Dreamer --{
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
I coded it in VB 6.0 using directx. For graphics I''m using the VB Biohazard engine.

Bugboy
Bugboy
quote:Original post by bugboy
I'm debating on whether to take out the intro. I'm a 14-year old male and so is my target audience and we appreciate things like burping out words.
I dunno, I'm an 18 year old guy and I don't find it funny at all Just a matter of taste, though. I've never been into "gross" humor

I'll try and download the new one and see how it goes.

-=Peon=- : A Poorly Implement Forum Bot
© Kordova, 2003

[edited by - Peon on November 9, 2003 2:13:22 AM]
Peon
I didn''t like it to much. It kept having millions of enimes appear on the screen that didn''t belong there. They didn''t move, they jsut sat there blocking my view. Plus one more thing: is this game supposed to be possible? There are a million bullets and all that happened is every 5 seconds I''d die because there was a bullet ever 2 centimeters. You couldn''t avoid them. Making the game non-fun. So if you changed that it might make the game more fun to play.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement