hlp i wanna be a programmer

Started by
4 comments, last by Hekki 20 years, 5 months ago
Once again I want to program games... I learned that C++ is hard hard hard. Ive made almost the simplest things you can think of off of Visual Basic, but ppl say its realy realy slow. What should I use to program games that is a lot more simple then C++? like extremely simple games?
---------------------------------------In a empty Forum, no one can hear you scream!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Advertisement
Use VB. You won''t be making anything that will stress it for awhile, so speed isn''t your concern. Simplicity is, and VB is a great language for beginners.
I think VB is the easiest it gets. You can try learning scripting languages for game maker programs, but IMO, VB is easiest it gets.
sweet ive programmed a lot of small things with VB and im taking a VB class at my HighSchool, TY. everyone has to start somewhere, if I started at C++ i probably wouldnt be programming at all : P
---------------------------------------In a empty Forum, no one can hear you scream!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
oh yeah BTW, anyone got some good tutorials on how to program games for VB? how do you get stuff to move? do i have to download somthing? anyone got a link to a tutorial?
Everything you need to make a game in VB is already pre-packaged with it and your OS. All''s you need are the compiler (built-in the IDE) and the Win32 API (which, I''m assuming, you don''t know of but you''ll eventually learn, if that''s the case ).

Try here. I''ve found this site to be very useful and quite simple, really. Though if you find anything too hard to understand, don''t sweat it. Just work your way up Hell, there was once a time when I would be PROUD of a program that actually repeated my name at me after asking for it. Now, well, I have a wide host of fractal-generators and a few games sitting around on my hard disk.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement