Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

using CreateTexture and LockRect

Started by Raloth Nov 9, 2003 at 1:49 PM 1 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
Raloth
Raloth
After I use CreateTexture, how am I supposed to put data in it? I was going to use LockRect but the msdn has this little comment in it:
quote:
Textures created with D3DPOOL_DEFAULT are not lockable. Textures created in video memory are lockable when created with USAGE_DYNAMIC.
Huh? If I create a texture with D3DPOOL_MANAGED and without the USAGE_DYNAMIC flag will I still be able to lock it?
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Sean Doherty
Sean Doherty
quote:

If I create a texture with D3DPOOL_MANAGED and without the USAGE_DYNAMIC flag will I still be able to lock it?



Yes

_______________________________________
Understanding is a three edged sword...
_______________________________________Understanding is a three edged sword...Freelance Games - Home of XBLIG Starchonwww.FreelanceGames.com
Raloth
Raloth
Thanks.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.