VC++ debugger weird behaviour

Started by
1 comment, last by Blowin 20 years, 5 months ago
Hi all, I am developing an MFC application with vc++ 6.0. The app should load a vrml model and then a text file with some data regarding the model. The model isn''t always the same one, it is chosen from the final user. Now, the problem is that sometime a memory access violation exception is raised. It occours always with the same models. The weird thing is that when i debug the application (F5), no exception is raised and the app works very nicely, using all the data retrieved from the files (model + informations). So, 1. i know the data are correctly loaded because the app use them; 2. i don''t know where/why the exception is raised since in debug mode everything is ok. Have you any clue/suggestion? Thanks you all, B.
Advertisement
I''ve had situations like that arise. It usually happens when something is time dependent. For your case, the function that loads the model may start a thread and you are trying to manipulate that data before it is actually loaded.
yes, i guess so.
or maybe it can be a memory overrun. memory overruns seems don''t occour in vc++ debugger.

any idea how can i trace the error since in debug run there are no probs?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement