Is there a way to make a function similar to while statement?

Started by
13 comments, last by johnnyBravo 20 years, 5 months ago
You know how the while statement you put the: { //code } and it loops between the two {}. Is there a way to manually do that or is that just built into the language? thanks,
Advertisement

I''m not sure I completely understand your question, but you could just do something like this:

while (condition)
{
myFunction();
}

or, like this:

void myFunction()
{
while (condition)
{
// code for the function goes here
}
}
Uh... what exactly are you talking about? Do you mean like:
    int i = 10;label:    {        bla         bblah    }    if(i--) goto label    ... 
Forgive me Lord, for I have sinned.
you know how the while statement works.

You say while then you have the {} and it loops whatever inbetween the {}

I want to make my own while type statement, where if i type {} under it , it loops whatever in there, i know people are going to say use the while, there is a reason that i cant be bothred explaining why i want to do this.
Yes...*cough* goto *cough* would be the way to do it. While loops are much much much much much better.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
quote:Original post by johnnyBravo
I want to make my own while type statement, where if i type {} under it , it loops whatever in there,
Not really possibly, if I currectly understand what you''re after
quote:i know people are going to say use the while, there is a reason that i cant be bothred explaining why i want to do this.
If so, I cannot be bothered to explain in more detail.
while(cond)
{
foo();
}

==

for(;cond
{
foo();
}
Or even recursion, I don''t recommend it though, for most cases.

void Loop(){    //Do stuff    if(condition)        Loop();}
quote:Original post by fredizzimo
Or even recursion, I don''t recommend it though, for most cases.

At least not in a compiler that doesn''t optimize tail recursion.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
If for some strange reason, you want one while loop to do different things at different times, you could use function pointers... like this:

void DoSomething(){}void DoSomethingElse(){}void GoofyWhile(void (*func)()){   while (whatever)   {      func();   }}int main(){    GoofyWhile(DoSomething);    GoofyWhile(DoSomethingElse);    return 0;}

At least I think that''s how the syntax would look... check out funtion-pointer.org for more info

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement