Need a MIDI file plz

Started by
5 comments, last by rhythm_attic 20 years, 5 months ago
Hey all, I''m currently attempting to put together my first ever sample CD. Its a few months off before completion yet, but I''m still going to put a website together to get things going. What I want to do is to put up an demo MP3 on the site using some of the multisamples that I have so far. Its for an acoustic guitar, but everything I''ve tried to sequence so far sounds a bit poop. And was wondering if anyone here already has a MIDI file for an acoustic guitar done already that I could possibly use on my site. Full Credit will be given. I could probably do this myself if I had enough time, but at the moment I''ve got the actual sample CD undergo as well as various audio projects and college . I''m not looking for anyone to create a MIDI file especially for this, just if someones already got one that I could use, would be gr8. Cheers Dave
---------------------Dave HaslamComposer/Sound Designer/ProducerRhythm-Attic Studioswww.rattic.co.uk
Advertisement
http://zack.eg-games.com/music/MIDI/CDCamp.mid
http://zack.eg-games.com/music/MIDI/CDVillage1.mid
http://zack.eg-games.com/music/MIDI/ESVillage.mid
http://zack.eg-games.com/music/MIDI/ESForest.mid
http://zack.eg-games.com/music/MIDI/TIDesert.mid

That''s all I can remember of my music that uses an acoustic guitar. Anyway, if you don''t mind, throw my name in somewhere, and the copyright for those songs is under EG-Games.

Hope that''s what you are looking for.

My Music((a small portion anyways))
Hi Zack,
Thanks very much for letting me use your MIDI files. The track I''ve used is ESForest. I''m hoping to get the site up in the next few days or at least within the week. For now I''ve temporarily put the track here for you to listen to: www.vempiregames.com/~rhythm/downloads/Martin_D-28_Multisamples.mp3

I hope you dont mind, but I made a few slight changes to the track, nothing too noticable. See if you can spot the changes :D

Your opinion on the guitar samples would be gr8 too if you dont mind, as well as anyone elses here?

Thanks once again
Dave
---------------------Dave HaslamComposer/Sound Designer/ProducerRhythm-Attic Studioswww.rattic.co.uk
Did you record straight from the output of an electro-acoustic?
It sounds quite like an Ovation...

That isn''t a sound I particularly like, because a pickup doesn''t give an accurate representation of how a guitar sounds when mic''d up from the outside.

Its great if you want that electro-acoustic kinda sound, but I wouldn''t be happy with it if I thought I was buying a steel-strung acoustic guitar sample set.

The guitar in the mp3 sound nice - clean and authentic (in an electro-acoustic kinda way ).

Kenbar
The Guitar sample you made is nice. Only suggestion I have besides adding more samples for different velocities would be to try and keep that lower tone from sound like you are slapping the strings. What program are you using exactly to make the sample bank?

Also, the changes... I believe you have a cello playing a slight spin off of the Melody in the background throughout the song.

Again, great sample. Although, it does tend to have too much of an electro-acoustic sound.

My Music((a small portion anyways))
Thanks for the feedback guys. As I said this is my first sample CD, so I need as much feedback as possible.

The samples were recorded from a Martin D28 via a piezo pickup. I''m going to stick with this sound for now as at present I personally do not have any good quality capacitor microphones yet. Once I have this Martin Acoustic sorted, and know exactly what I need, I will then plan to contact a few people off the net who are willing and able to record good acoustic samples for me via a good capacitor mic and send them to me via the net. But for now I''m still learning to find out how many samples I need and how to put them together properly.

Zack, I had considered different velocity samples, how many different velocties would you recommend? quiet and loud? or quiet, medium and loud? I''m still learning to use these software samplers at the moment and am slowly learning what they are capable of.

That sample bank was put together in HALion 2, with the orchestra sounds being triggered within Edirol Orchestral. I am also planning to research the 2 samplers within Reason.

Actually, that wasnt a cello its a Contrabass, most of the bass instruments I tried seemed to go from being very deep to quite high with that bass line you''ve wrote. Unlike the GM bass sounds that it was intended for. The only changes I made were a tempo change at the end before the final chords. I also changed to notes of the guitar chords to fit in with my samples a bit better.

Btw, I forgot to mention previously....Nice MIDI file :D I think the way you''ve programmed the guitar part helps to complement what I''m doing....thx

quote:Original post by rhythm_attic
Zack, I had considered different velocity samples, how many different velocties would you recommend? quiet and loud? or quiet, medium and loud? I''m still learning to use these software samplers at the moment and am slowly learning what they are capable of.

Having multiple velocities can increase the file size quite dramatically. For the first go I would just suggest using 3 different velocities for each note you played in the guitar you have already made. It sounds like you just played open string, using standard tuning for the samples, which is fine.

For the velocities, the harder you pluck the string, the higher the velocity should be.(IE, if you pluck the string and it rings off the frets, then the velocity should be 127). The only real advantage to using velocity is to give more of the feeling that somebody is actually playing it, because each stroke you hear isn''t always the same. As with the sample you have right now, you hear the exact same stroke on the bass tones of the guitar every time.

Anyway, Glad I could help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement