glRasterPos2d causing a crash

Started by
-1 comments, last by martinbaker 20 years, 4 months ago
Does anyone know of a problem where glRasterPos2d causes a crash? If the raster position is invalid then glRasterPos2d returns without crashing but if I adjust the modelview and projection matricies to what appear to me to be valid values then calling glRasterPos2d causes the error message listed below. I searched the archives and found the following workaround, instead of calling glRasterPos2d I call: glBitmap(0,0,0,0,posX,posY,null); glDrawPixels(imageWidth,imageHeight,gl.GL_RGBA,gl.GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,image); glBitmap(0,0,0,0,-posX,-posY,null); // I need to draw several images so restore to bottom left for next This does exactly what I want, which is to position to the screen coordinates posX,posY, but it has one disadvantage which is that when the window is resized the position is no longer relative to the bottom left of the screen and my images is drawn in the wrong place. Is there a way to reset the position to the bottom left of the screen? Also if I can get glRasterPos2d working is there a way to position in screen coordinates as the workaround does? Although I am using Java with a thin OpenGL wrapper (Jogl) I get a similar crash with C# / CSGL so this suggests to me that it is not the OpenGL wrapper causing the problem? I would appreciate any help. Thanks - Martin ----------------------------------------------------------- Details of my system are: system is Dell Inpiron 8000 OS is Windows 2000 SP2 graphics is RAGE MOBILITY 128 AGP 4X (English) ----------------------------------------------------------- Details of the crash are: An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM. Unexpected Signal : EXCEPTION_PRIV_INSTRUCTION occurred at PC=0x6901A648 Function=[Unknown.] Library=C:\WINNT\System32\atio2kai.dll NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible reason and solutions. Current Java thread: at net.java.games.jogl.impl.windows.WindowsGLImpl.glRasterPos2d(Native Method) at mjbWorld.s_canvas3d.display(s_canvas3d.java:182) at net.java.games.jogl.impl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:74) at net.java.games.jogl.GLCanvas$DisplayAction.run(GLCanvas.java:208) at net.java.games.jogl.impl.GLContext.invokeGL(GLContext.java:192) - locked <02A90F28> (a net.java.games.jogl.impl.windows.WindowsOnscreenGLContext) at net.java.games.jogl.GLCanvas.displayImpl(GLCanvas.java:196) at net.java.games.jogl.GLCanvas.display(GLCanvas.java:91) at net.java.games.jogl.GLCanvas.paint(GLCanvas.java:102) at sun.awt.RepaintArea.paint(RepaintArea.java:180) at sun.awt.windows.WComponentPeer.handleEvent(WComponentPeer.java:260) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3586) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3367) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:445) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:191) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:144) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:130) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:98) Local Time = Fri Nov 28 10:10:13 2003 Elapsed Time = 25 # # The exception above was detected in native code outside the VM # # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.0_01-b03 mixed mode) # # An error report file has been saved as hs_err_pid1748.log. # Please refer to the file for further information. #

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement