Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Pop-up ads?

Started by Captian Goatse Dec 8, 2003 at 2:54 AM 20 replies 2.3k views
Original Post
Captian Goatse
Captian Goatse
Why do still people on "professional" websites use pop-up ads? I don''t see pop-ups anymore, but this flash site I frequent has them now. Unfortunately my firebird had not seen a flash popup before so I had to tell it to not open flash pop-ups. Pro-tip: Don''t use pop-ups. They are the most retarded and obnoxious way to advertise used by those fake porn sites that have no porn what-so-ever. I''m not even going into how retarded it is to try to pay your bandwith bills with pop-up ads. At least get banners.. they are less obnoxious. Also who is stupid to pay you money for pop-ups that no-one even looks? Seriously. Pop-ups are not professional.
Eelco
Eelco
you are soooo asking to be banned
Captian Goatse
Captian Goatse
quote:
Original post by Eelco
you are soooo asking to be banned



Excuse me?


Edit: I'm clearly missing something here....

[edited by - Captian Goatse on December 8, 2003 4:46:00 AM]
aftermath
aftermath
googles


edit: nevermind, looking at your post history, you are a _good_ member

go on, ignore this post ...

[edited by - aftermath on December 8, 2003 4:57:01 AM]
Rate me up.
Zorodius
Zorodius
quote:
Original post by Captian Goatse
quote:
Original post by Eelco
you are soooo asking to be banned

Excuse me?
Edit: I''m clearly missing something here....
[edited by - Captian Goatse on December 8, 2003 4:46:00 AM]


I''m pretty sure he''s saying that because your name is a reference to, well...


"Baby-killer is a bad word though. Notice how as soon as you say it, you think negative things." - Peon
You don't need to vote for the "lesser of two evils"! Learn about Instant Runoff Voting, the simple cure for a broken democracy!
DakeDesu
DakeDesu
You know, based on the name, I would almost have thought this was crap posting account.

Yeah, and I agree... I do not know what anybody uses popups, or popunders for that matter, anymore.
Captian Goatse
Captian Goatse
Posting to Lounge was a mistake. Won''t happen again. Bye. God, this site has more leftwingers than national volkswagen kleinbus meet.
DakeDesu
DakeDesu
quote:
Original post by Zorodius
quote:
Original post by Captian Goatse
quote:
Original post by Eelco
you are soooo asking to be banned

Excuse me?
Edit: I''m clearly missing something here....


I''m pretty sure he''s saying that because your name is a reference to, well...



I so need to do a recolour of that robot master... &evilGrin;
DakeDesu
DakeDesu
quote:
Original post by Captian Goatse
Posting to Lounge was a mistake. Won''t happen again. Bye. God, this site has more leftwingers than national volkswagen kleinbus meet.


Er... I will probably be banned for this, but remove ''captian'' from the name, prefix it with ''www.'' and suffix it with ''.cx'' put it into the address bar and hit enter.

DISCLAIMER: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ADDRESSES YOU TYPE IN.
Captian Goatse
Captian Goatse
quote:
Original post by DakeDesu
quote:
Original post by Captian Goatse
Posting to Lounge was a mistake. Won''t happen again. Bye. God, this site has more leftwingers than national volkswagen kleinbus meet.


Er... I will probably be banned for this, but remove ''captian'' from the name, prefix it with ''www.'' and suffix it with ''.cx'' put it into the address bar and hit enter.

DISCLAIMER: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ADDRESSES YOU TYPE IN.


Dude. Telling me of beloved gaping anus of doom is like teaching your father how to make babies.

DakeDesu
DakeDesu
quote:
Original post by Captian Goatse
quote:
Original post by DakeDesu
quote:
Original post by Captian Goatse
Posting to Lounge was a mistake. Won''t happen again. Bye. God, this site has more leftwingers than national volkswagen kleinbus meet.
Er... I will probably be banned for this, but remove ''captian'' from the name, prefix it with ''www.'' and suffix it with ''.cx'' put it into the address bar and hit enter.

DISCLAIMER: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ADDRESSES YOU TYPE IN.
Dude. Telling me of beloved gaping anus of doom is like teaching your father how to make babies.


Well, the staff have been cutting down on this sort of silliness lately, and the g-man is quite banned. A member even got banned for posting a three character ascii version of it.

Ah well, will work on a sprite recolour of G-man, that you might enjoy
Captian Goatse
Captian Goatse
quote:
Original post by Useless Hacker
And what, pray, is a "Captian"?


Now that this is about my user name 100% I must say that it is a miss-spell of Captain. See I used to have the name Captain Goatse, but then got banned for being retarded. Then someone removed my IP ban(after email) and I finally got to re-register. I think I was the first goatse ban or something.
Zorodius
Zorodius
quote:
Original post by DakeDesu
For future reference, the G-man now has his own sprite

Those are supposed to be hands, like cartoon gloves, right? Why didn''t you recolor the red to skintone and the yellow to red?

"Baby-killer is a bad word though. Notice how as soon as you say it, you think negative things." - Peon
You don't need to vote for the "lesser of two evils"! Learn about Instant Runoff Voting, the simple cure for a broken democracy!
DakeDesu
DakeDesu
quote:
Original post by Zorodius
quote:
Original post by DakeDesu
For future reference, the G-man now has his own sprite
Those are supposed to be hands, like cartoon gloves, right? Why didn''t you recolor the red to skintone and the yellow to red?


Because I do not know the rgb() or hex value for skin tone.
Eelco
Eelco
quote]
Posting to Lounge was a mistake. Won''t happen again. Bye. God, this site has more leftwingers than national volkswagen kleinbus meet.


chill dude.. i dont make the rules around here. i was just stating tat people have been banned for much more subtle references to you know what...

on a sidenote, the one i believe is the leader in the crusade against the g-man is a hardline rightwinger...
Zorodius
Zorodius
quote:
Original post by DakeDesu
quote:
Original post by Zorodius
quote:
Original post by DakeDesu
For future reference, the G-man now has his own sprite
Those are supposed to be hands, like cartoon gloves, right? Why didn''t you recolor the red to skintone and the yellow to red?


Because I do not know the rgb() or hex value for skin tone.


You can find things like that out by opening up Paint, Colors, Edit Colors, Define Custom Colors. 255, 219, 190 looks like a realistic skin tone.

"Baby-killer is a bad word though. Notice how as soon as you say it, you think negative things." - Peon
You don't need to vote for the "lesser of two evils"! Learn about Instant Runoff Voting, the simple cure for a broken democracy!
superpig
superpig
quote:
Original post by Captian Goatse
quote:
Original post by Eelco
you are soooo asking to be banned


Excuse me?

Edit: I''m clearly missing something here....


Actually, I thought he meant because GDNet has a popup on the front page...
Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse
Ilici
Ilici
What''s so wrong with his nick?

For those who never stepped foot outside the Lounge, Captian goatse participates a lot in the other forums with good info.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.