Screenshots - Test

Started by
14 comments, last by Daerax 20 years, 3 months ago
I have a DOS tile based graphics engine with sprites drawn to seem isometric although the drawing method is rectangular. The engine is written in Quickbasic 4.5 along with DirectQB and some Assembly. It utilizes EMS for the storage of sprites and up to 10 map layers! The sprites were all drawn by me in a tool called QBPaint, It is quite good. My problem is this, I have been trying to show some images of the engine to people, however the they all claim to be unable to see it, dead links they say. But the problem is I can see the images perfectly well... So if you can see the images I am posting say so, if not, only see an x say nay. Thank you for your help. Image 1 Image 2 Image 3 Image 4 EDIT: These are screens of the map editor, these maps use 4 layers...The screen with the black is where I forgot to go up a layer. [edited by - Daerax on December 12, 2003 11:49:20 PM]
Advertisement
I see them. Nice work.
Thank you! But I must say those are screens from a 4 year old project I am still proud of. They were on the site and I did not feel like uploading the new ones... Here is one screen I was able to put up... Screen
I would say your artistic skills have improved just a bit in 4 years
lol. The difference is amazing. Its like... something a kid drew vs my art professor drew! However, as I''m the person with the cypher as a numerical representation of my artistic talent, I must say I couldn''t do better than the 1st set. :-x

Scout

(I wrote a basic 3d isometric engine at work tonight!)

All polynomials are funny - some to a higher degree.
Furthermore, polynomials of degree zero are constantly funny.
All polynomials are funny - some to a higher degree.Furthermore, polynomials of degree zero are constantly funny.
D-EE-AMN Daerax, that last screenie looks amazing. We all want a demo, yes we do!

It really goes to show, that an engine that could fundamentally be the same underneath, can look so radically different with different art. It looks like a great piece of software, keep it up.

The more I think, the more confused I get.
The best 2D game developer site out there!
JRA GameDev Website//Bad Maniac
I think that the primary thing that has changed from the first screen to the second is 1) a consistent use of perspective and 2) an increase in detail. The second pic is also in a higher res engine and makes use of lighting.
7|-|3 p057 @b0v3 i5 c3/^7i|=i3|) 1337!100|< |=0/^ j||3|/|7
count me in, I can''t see them... =C

-----------------------------
www.OddGames.com

As for the engine, little of the original Quickbasic code remains in this version (written in C++). The Tile drawing and scrolling are the same in concept but that is about it. Layers no longer used, sorted list instead, EMS is not used either, and The Isometric (non mathematical) drawing method is used.

So it seems everyone who has posted can in fact see the images... That is good.

EDIT: Didnt see yours Herr_O, 5/6 from Gamedev.

[edited by - Daerax on December 13, 2003 12:38:05 PM]
I can see them,

last SS looks good =D

Raymond Jacobs,

www.EDIGames.com

www.EtherealDarkness.com

Raymond Jacobs, Owner - Ethereal Darkness Interactive
www.EDIGames.com - EDIGamesCompany - @EDIGames

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement