Can You Recommend Me Some 3D Editor Programs?

Started by
15 comments, last by Kingzoolerius666 20 years, 4 months ago
But which one is better? gMax or Wings3D?

~~~ Signature: ~~
"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)
"God is a game designer too and his game, ''Life'' " - Me
"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
~~~ Signature: ~~"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)"God is a game designer too and his game, 'Life' " - Me"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
Advertisement
You''ll have to try a few and decide for yourself.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
I prefer AC3D 4.0 over Milkshape. I installed the Milkshape program from the "OpenGL Game Programming" CD and it sucks. It isn''t as easy as AC3D. In AC3D, I could easily draw in a sphere and explode it. But I cannot do that in Milkshape(maybe you could but the options aren''t as obvious).

~~~ Signature: ~~
"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)
"God is a game designer too and his game, ''Life'' " - Me
"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
~~~ Signature: ~~"Satan sent me to destroy the video game industry." - Trigger(my alter ego)"God is a game designer too and his game, 'Life' " - Me"Squirrles make me horny." - Sean Randy Rowlen Uranus
The problem with Wings 3D is that it has no animation functions.
End of Post
I find it odd reading statements like "But what is better!"

It all depends on your purpose of using it. They''re free, just download them and try them out. It can''t hurt. Unless you want us to do all your thinking for you that is.
Which program can export animations? Let''s say if I use have 3DS files exportet. Should I export each separate animation to a separate file ( jumping running turning)? I know that md2 can have a name for each animation. Does 3D stuido have, do the other programs have?

What about exporting to .X files or somthing?
Another nameless person in the virtual space...
How do any of you gMax users export your data?
Brian J

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement