Goblin Raiders!

Started by
9 comments, last by Facehat 23 years, 9 months ago
Urp. It seems like many bouts of coffee induced insanity have actually given me an original game idea . Basically, the premise is that those nasty goblins have been raiding villages again. Yep, that's innovative allright... Wait! I'm not done yet! See, you don't play as either the humans or the goblins. Instead, your job is to mess with their heads. You heard me! The goal of the game is to try to warp their fragile minds into doing idiotic things . For instance, you might trick them into thinking that they can eat rocks. Heheheh. Actually, I'm not sure you could even classify it as a game. It's more like an artificial life simulation which you can mess with . Anyway, anyone want to give me some input on this idea? And I could use some ideas for objects and verbs (actions) that should be added in. (NOTE: Don't say anything if the only thing you have to add is: "it's impossible!". I already know it's going to be tough to program ) (and don't steal my idea ) ---------------------------------------- Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny. Edited by - The Senshi on 7/19/00 12:57:54 PM Edited by - The Senshi on 7/19/00 12:59:07 PM
Advertisement
You mean:
"Build a simulated environment based on traditional RPG ideas and allow the user to affect the behaviour of entities inside this environment using a limited set of tools" right?

This could be a very good starting point as a tool-box for developing interesting AI!

Give me one more medicated peaceful moment.
~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
quote:
"Build a simulated environment based on traditional RPG ideas and allow the user to affect the behaviour of entities inside this environment using a limited set of tools"

Well, if you want to put it concisely .

I''m just thinking that this could be a really interesting idea, especially if your allowed to develope your characters over time. Sort of like a twisted version of The Sims .

Which reminds me that I should add in goblin families and allow you to affect their relationships...

----------------------------------------
Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
Hey, I''d play that!

- DarkMage139
++++++++++++++++
I can do things, things you never knew,
I can change your world if you only knew.

I can do miracles if you want me to.
Anything is possible, I'll prove it to you.
- DarkMage139
I''d play it too, you bet your ass!

SimRPG
( SimGoblinGenocide? )

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~
ERROR: Your beta-version of Life1.0 has expired. Please upgrade to the full version. All important social functions will be disabled from now on.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
quote:Original post by MadKeithV

~ (V)^|) |<é!t|-| ~

Glad it didn''t have TOO many bugs...

- DarkMage139
++++++++++++++++
I can do things, things you never knew,
I can change your world if you only knew.

I can do miracles if you want me to.
Anything is possible, I'll prove it to you.
- DarkMage139
Hey I think you have an idea going here.I was thinking what would be even better if you changed the time period to the present (a small town maybe?) and used Gremlins instead.No not the cars but the creatures simaliar to the ones from the Gremlin movies(remember them?).It would be cool to see em running around messing with all sorts of electrical and mechanical equipment.
quote:Original post by The Senshi

Urp.

Hey, that''s my line!
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
*glances around nervously*

Uh, gee, I didn''t realize Landfish was still around...

Where the hell did I put that crossbow?

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me? Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Hey I think you have an idea going here.I was thinking what would be even better if you changed the time period to the present (a small town maybe?) and used Gremlins instead.No not the cars but the creatures simaliar to the ones from the Gremlin movies(remember them?).It would be cool to see em running around messing with all sorts of electrical and mechanical equipment.

It''s not a bad idea, but it seems to be a bit too cutsy for my tastes. I''m looking for something that''s more humorous than overly cutsy .

Besides, there would probably be quite a few legal issues with that idea.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement