Java JIT Compiler

Started by
6 comments, last by Mr_Ridd 20 years, 3 months ago
Howzit Where can I download a Win32 version of the JIT compiler? Shot
The ability to succeed is the ability to adapt
Advertisement
THere are a few different JIT compilers out there, but Sun''s HotSpot is included in both the Java Developer Kit and the Java Runtime Enviroment, both available at java.sun.com.
If you'd look more carefully you could find also source files for JVM. (same address)

[edited by - Raghar on January 5, 2004 8:23:16 PM]
quote:Original post by Raghar
If you''d look more carefully you could find also source files for JVM. (same address)

[edited by - Raghar on January 5, 2004 8:23:16 PM]

Seriously? I have never yet seen the source for the Sun JVM. The source for the java packages is available in the JDK, but I''m almost certain they''ve never released the JVM source.

Don''t forget on this:

"Modified source code cannot be distributed without the express written permission of Sun
Binary programs built using modified Java 2 SDK source code may not be distributed, internally or externally, without meeting the compatibility and other requirements described in the License Agreement
Building, porting, and testing the Java 2 SDK source code requires a high level of technical expertise.
The Java 2 SDK source code is not the compiled Java 2 SDK. "

It''s actually too much trouble with DL and compiling to play with it. (And I miss 600MB free space on HD) ^_^

Try to look a little on Java.sun.com or play with words community process.
Can''t even distribute it internally!

So if you''re using it to play around (say, to try a custom language extension before making a proposal) you can''t copy it across your own network.

rofl.
char a[99999],*p=a;int main(int c,char**V){char*v=c>0?1[V]:(char*)V;if(c>=0)for(;*v&&93!=*v;){62==*v&&++p||60==*v&&--p||43==*v&&++*p||45==*v&&--*p||44==*v&&(*p=getchar())||46==*v&&putchar(*p)||91==*v&&(*p&&main(0,(char**)(--v+2))||(v=(char*)main(-1,(char**)++v)-1));++v;}else for(c=1;c;c+=(91==*v)-(93==*v),++v);return(int)v;}  /*** drpizza@battleaxe.net ***/
That says nothing about the VM source code. THe SDK source code is the source to the Java packages, not the JVM itself. And you still don''t get the source to the underlying support code (sun.* packages, native code).
Have you tried to download it? It says 600 MB needed, and something about Unix to windoze import libraries.

BTW JVM is part of SDK in the standard distribution, so we might expect to have hotspot included. If not it could be downloaded as well. IIRC

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement