Original Post
I want to work with some AI that a card game would need( I mentioned "trading" in the subject because I wanted to clarify that the game I''m referring to does not use a poker set of cards, but instead cards like Magic: the Gathering, Pokemon TCG, Yu-Gi-Oh or any of those other ones).
I am not to the point where I want to develop the AI, I just want to know how I would go about doing it. Would the opponent AI have to look at every possibility there is in his turn according to the rules I set, and then decide which would be better to do or is the logic behind it different? I don''t ask for a lesson in AI, I just want a general idea of how I could go about doing it, and by that I mean that I am looking for articles that could give me an idea (I haven''t been able to find that talks about what I''m looking for), maybe names of algorithms that I could possibly use (I''m not very familiar with it now, but would minimax help in this case?). Any suggestions of where I could research would be appreciated.