Box Collsion

Started by
1 comment, last by Xingo 20 years, 3 months ago
I am having troble driving box collsiona dn even so how to know which Side is hit so I could move up,down,left or right.... Its for 3d but only moving in a 2d axis [edited by - Xingo on January 24, 2004 3:50:12 AM]
A day will never come when I shall emit defeat
Advertisement
sorry about topic forgot to change it -_-
A day will never come when I shall emit defeat
you mean, for axis aligned boxes?

I use an overlap test, and takes the part of the overlap which has the minimum penetration.

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------// calculate the amount of overlap between two intervals//---------------------------------------------------------------------------bool IntervalOverlap(float min0, float max0, float min1, float max1, float& d){	//-------------------------------------------------------	// the intersection amount on the left and right side of	// the interval.	//-------------------------------------------------------	float d0 = max1 - min0; 	float d1 = max0 - min1;	//-------------------------------------------------------	// the intervals are disjoint, so they don''t intersect	//-------------------------------------------------------	if (d0 < 0.0f || d1 < 0.0f) 		return false;	//-------------------------------------------------------	// selct the interval with the minimum of overlap	//-------------------------------------------------------	if (d0 < d1)		d = d0;    else    	d = -d1;						return true;}//---------------------------------------------------------------------------// AABBox vs. AABBox intersection test.// using boxes [Min0, Max0] and [Min1, Max1], compute if they // intersect, if they do, return the direction and amount// [N] required to push first box away from second box. //---------------------------------------------------------------------------bool Intersect(const Vector& Min0, const Vector& Max0, const Vector& Min1, const Vector& Max1, Vector& N){	//---------------------------------------------------------------------------	// test intersection along x axis 	//--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 	if (!IntervalOverlap(Min0.x, Max0.x, Min1.x, Max1.x, N.x)) 		return false;	//---------------------------------------------------------------------------	// test intersection along y axis 	//--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 	if (!IntervalOverlap(Min0.y, Max0.y, Min1.y, Max1.y, N.y)) 		return false;	//---------------------------------------------------------------------------	// test intersection along z axis 	//--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 	if (!IntervalOverlap(Min0.z, Max0.z, Min1.z, Max1.z, N.z)) 		return false; 			//---------------------------------------------------------------------------	// select the axis with the minimum of separation as the collision axis. Clear other axes to 0.0f 	//---------------------------------------------------------------------------  	float mindist = (float) fabs(N.x);  	  	if ((float) fabs(N.y) < mindist)  	{            mindist = (float) fabs(N.y);            N.x = 0.0f;  	}  	else  	{             N.y = 0.0f;  	}  	if ((float) fabs(N.z) < mindist)  	{            N.x = N.y = 0.0f;  	}  	else  	{             N.z = 0.0f;  	}  	  	return true;}

you can see it in action here

Everything is better with Metal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement