Flickering on double buffer

Started by
2 comments, last by Meesa 20 years, 3 months ago
I am learning OpenGL at the moment. I tried to create a sphere circling on an orbit. I develop the program in Visual C++ environment. I created the window not through Win32 API, but using OpenGL command : glutCreateWindow(...) I have enabled the double buffer as follow: glutInitDisplayMode(GLUT_RGB|GLUT_DOUBLE|GLUT_DEPTH); glClearColor(0.0,0.0,0.0,1.0); glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT|GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); And on display callback I have used : glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT|GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glLoadIdentity(); MyDrawBall(); MyUpdateBall(); glutSwapBuffers(); Many thx in advanced [edited by - Meesa on January 25, 2004 5:32:26 AM]
Advertisement
[Moved to: OpenGL]

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Hmmm. What kind of hardware are you running?
----------------------------------------------------"Plant a tree. Remove a Bush" -A bumper sticker I saw.
I am using GeForce3 Ti200 and XP1600, 2 yrs old computer. No money to upgrade to GeForceFx5800 Is it possible that creating windows not using windowAPI can cause the flicker?

[edited by - Meesa on January 25, 2004 5:34:12 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement