I'm going to go insane....

Started by
2 comments, last by sathenzar 20 years, 3 months ago
I'm trying to get this g**damned pos to work. IT's plain english but the dang thing won't work and I've been on it literally all day. I'm trying to transfer the data over to the next page for my forum exp: General and get it to work with this code:

$sql = "SELECT * FROM $topic";
$result = mysql_query($sql, $dbh);
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
$topic_name = $row[ 'topic_name' ];
$topic_stat = $row[ 'topic_stat' ];
$topic_usr = $row[ 'usr' ];
$topic_usrid = $row[ 'usrID' ];
$topic_id = $row[ '$select' ];
echo "<td bgcolor='#000022' valign=top align=left style='border: 2px solid white'><a href='displaythread.php?thread_id=$topic_id&topic=$topic'>$topic_name</a>\n";
But it won't work. It won't tell it to retive the data from generalID. It just ignores it b/c it's an idiot and stupid. WHY? It's plain english to transfer the damn data over. I want the stupid thing to work or I'm going to go postal. To show you bewtter of what I mean, Click here [edited by - sathenzar on January 24, 2004 9:49:26 PM]
Advertisement
Please don''t go insane on the board. It leaves a big mess that someone else has to clear up

Is you initialisation code for mysql all correct ? try printing variable values to the page temporarily. Does $topic exist & is it a valid table, why are you selecting everything from the whole table ....
Yes I did and it echoed out generalID, so the MySql code is just being stubborn. It should work. It does with every other part of my code, just not this one.
$sql = "SELECT * FROM $topic";

What''s in $topic?

$result = mysql_query($sql, $dbh);

Check return value?

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {

mysql_fetch_assoc()?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement