Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stodge

Errors with Luabind bindings

I''m trying to write some Lua bindings for some Ogre classes using Luabind but I''m getting errors. My bindings are: luabind::module(L) [ luabind::class_("LogManager") .def(luabind::constructor<>()) luabind::def("getSingleton", &LogManager::getSingleton) ]; The error is: D:\Development\ogre\ogrenew\PlugIns\LuaScriptManager\src\LuaScriptManager.cpp(66) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '']'' before ''tag::id'' And I really don''t know why it won''t compile. Any suggestions? Also how would I create the defenition for a class with overloaded functions? I''ve tried so many things (and deleted the code in frustration). COuld someone post an example please? Thanks

could it be because of the luabind::def() call?
from looking at my code it seems that .def is a function for a class_<> object (btw, u appear to me missing the ''type'' of the class, althought that could be down to a loss of the < and > tags by the forum), so is should probably look like :

luabind::module(L)
[
luabind::class_<LogManager>("LogManager")
.def(luabind::constructor<>())
.def("getSingleton", &LogManager::getSingleton)
];

I think I already tried that one. I don''t actually need a binding for the constructor but this is the error I get with your code:

LuaScriptManager.cpp
..\luabind\luabind/class.hpp(1066) : error C2660: ''overload_rep::overload_rep'' : function does not take 2 parameters
..\luabind\luabind/class.hpp(1143) : see reference to function template instantiation ''void __cdecl luabind::class_ified>::internal_def_s::apply(const char *,class Ogre::LogManager &(__cdecl *)(void),struct luabind::class_base *)'' being compiled
Error executing cl.exe.

Thanks for your help.