libcid.lib??

Started by
1 comment, last by ThompsyIsBonkers 20 years, 2 months ago
Hey all im just making a wee space invaders clone a few months ago using VC++ 6 and all was good. Recently tho i won a copy of VC++ .NET 2003 and when i go to compile the project again its gives me this error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file ''libcid.lib'' Now libcid.lib isnt included in my project (well i mean i didnt include it), and i cant see it in the project properties dialogue so im not sure how to get rid of it. Anyone know what libcid.lib is used for?? Any other help would be mucg appreciated, i did google for it but i didnt get anything useful. Many thanks Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Advertisement
IIRC libcid is the MSVC 6 library for the old style iostream headers. Basically changinge all the references from the old style headers to the new style headers should fix the problem.
Sometimes the linker is stubborn though, so you can also enter libci(d).lib to the nodefault-lib section in project properties.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement