how can i use WndProc() in .NET applications?

Started by
12 comments, last by Link 20 years, 3 months ago
GetObject and MessageBox are macros defined in the windows headers. They map these names to either the ANSI or the UNICODE imlplementation. However, they collide with .NET Method-Names, that''s why you get these errors.

General rule of thumb: whenever the compiler complains about a "SomeNameA" or "SomeNameW", you have to #undef SomeName.

The more interesting question to me is: why do you want to override the WndProc? Maybe if you tell us we''ll find a more elegant ''.NETish'' way.

Regards,
Andre
Andre Loker | Personal blog on .NET
Advertisement
1)Yes, i want handle some Windows Message, as Windows Unactivate and viceversa and so on...
2)Also if i use #undef MessageBoxA i get anyway error C2653 and error C2660 error.
Thanks.
quote:Original post by Link
the question is, why i need to include that header to use WM_ ?

You can always dig into the Windows headers and get the numerical values of those messages. That''s what you''d have to do if you were using C# or VB.NET anywyay.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by Link
1)Yes, i want handle some Windows Message, as Windows Unactivate and viceversa and so on...
2)Also if i use #undef MessageBoxA i get anyway error C2653 and error C2660 error.
Thanks.

ok i''ve resolved also the point 2. It need to #undef MessageBox at the place of MessageBoxA

Thanks at all.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement