A new team

Started by
3 comments, last by sathenzar 20 years, 2 months ago
Hey everyone, I''m wanting to make game but I need more people to help me. I was wondering how it works here with people joining your company. Do poeple just join? OR or they expecting money in return (I can bet). I''ve made some side games but want to make a good one. I''ve got the storyline typed out and have been working on it easily over a year. So could anyone tell me how this works? Sorry I''m just new to the team type of deal. Normally I just work with two other people that work for fun and help me out, but as I can understand the people on here just have to much to do. So thanks in advance for your help. I''m open for anything, even if you want to just tell me that I''m stupid and that I should just go somewhere else to ask this question. -_-
Advertisement
normally, people put a post in the "help wanted" forum asking for help, then get flamed gratuitously. generally it is because they don''t ask in the correct way, or are a noobie trying to make the next great MMORPG.

i would suggest going to the "help wanted" forum, and actually reading the FAQ there, and then possibly looking at a few posts to see what to avoid saying; this will prevent you from making a dumb-ass post like most of the people there tend to.

also:
* don''t call yourself a company unless you actually are one.
* don''t promise payment unless you actually have the money.
* try to be mature if some asswipe flames you. arguing back only brings harsher flames, and everyone will forget you are actually trying to get help.

good luck.
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote:even if you want to just tell me that I''m stupid and that I should just go somewhere else to ask this question.

ahh, its no fun now...
You don''t need to pay people to get someone working seriously on your game project, but you have to realize that since you have no money to offer, the people you get will be much like yourself and still be in the learning process, with most likely no professional experience.

You''re not going to start a "company" overnight and no matter how many people you have helping you, I don''t advise calling yourself a "company" until you have funding.

If you know what you''re doing, have an organized project and want help, you should post in the help wanted forum. Emphasize that the game will be a learning process which could turn commercial eventually, but you can make no promises. Be clear with what positions and skill levels you''re looking for. Just saying you need people is way too general since people of all skill levels come to these forums and have different specialties. Make it clear whether you want 2D or 3D graphics, because there is a huge difference in development time and skill required.

Finally, if you can''t get that many people, try making a demo of the game you want to produce. Projects with an actual demo have a greater chance of attracting people to work on them because there are millions of people out there with unorganized projects that never get so much as a line of code done, at least with a decent demo you won''t get flamed as badly when posting for help.
Actually I had a my mom''s boyfriend register my company called Demon Realms Studios. But you''re right, maybe I shouldn''t be saying that b/c I havn''t made anything yet and people expect pay if they''re in a company, in most cases. I''ll go to the help wanted forum and ask for help then. Thanks for all of your help so far.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement