Indepth tutorials/references for web languages - ASP,CSS,PHP,JavaScript etc

Started by
8 comments, last by d000hg 20 years, 2 months ago
update: OK I'm particularly interested now in a very complete reference/set of tutorials for javascript. I find loads of tuts out there but mostly by some guy in his bedroom - I'm after widely respected sets of tutorials that don't leave things out. But as a start - can I define a new type of object in javasript? There is already Date, String etc, can I make a type/class from scratch so it can be used in my pages? [edited by - d000hg on March 4, 2004 10:17:44 AM]
Advertisement
You could look through the PHP documentation on php.net. It covers all the standard functions. www.devshed.com has a lot of php tutorials aswell as javascripts and CSS. I''ve only ever loked through the php ones tho.
Search the web for the book PHP and MySQL Web Dev. Its available in PDF somewhere. Its all yall need for Php. It covers -among others- creation of a content management system (like phpnuke) and a forum system.
For CSS you can check out the W3C. Their specifications are not that hard to read and understand and plenty of examples and diagrams are included - what you find are browser compatibility charts though.

Thanks Salsa!Colin Jeanne | Invader''s Realm
"I forgot I had the Scroll Lock key until a few weeks ago when some asshole program used it. It even used it right" - Conner McCloud
Thanks for those so far guys.
OK I''m particularly interested now in a very complete reference/set of tutorials for javascript. I find loads of tuts out there but mostly by some guy in his bedroom - I''m after widely respected sets of tutorials that don''t leave things out.

But as a start - can I define a new type of object in javasript? There is already Date, String etc, can I make a type/class from scratch so it can be used in my pages?
I learned most of my javascript through WebMonkey here.
Thanks, that''s actually pretty good. I''ve not looked past a couple of tuts but the section on the DOM was particularly lucid.
I do like being a programmer learning web development - it''s all so simple in comparison to writing a win/DX app in c++
Believe me it is not - just you wait till you hit your first brower-incompatibility
Emil Johansen- SMMOG AI designerhttp://smmog.com
quote:Original post by d000hg
I do like being a programmer learning web development - it''s all so simple in comparison to writing a win/DX app in c++
*shakes head*

Wait till you begin to deal with the vagaries of how various browsers parse HTML, interpret the box object model in CSS or implement DOM.

[X]HTML sucks. The W3C sucks (could they please, please, provide a reference implementation of every standard and a browser that doesn''t blow chunks?!) If I was to be a "web programmer", it''d be Flash all the way, baby...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement