need game code

Started by
4 comments, last by jimiwa 20 years, 1 month ago
I want to write a game in Visual C# .net or Visual C++ .net using Direct Draw (DirectX 9) . Could anyone give me some code to a VERY simple game?
Advertisement
DirectDraw got removed in DirectX 8
You can however render 2D in Direct3D
There are not many actual games out there with source code that I know of, never-the-less a simple one. Most of the time, a demo or tutorial focus on an individual aspect of a game (for example, culling, or playing an mp3, or getting mouse input).

However, you may be able to find some games at the GD Showcase. Also, the SDK comes with a simple game that implements most of the DX interfaces.

If you need some more complicated games (in the future, perhaps), the source code to many commercial games (like the quake series) is freely available. You can find a lot of those here

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
quote:Original post by Jower

Did it get removed in DirectX8? No it did not.

Microsoft just stopped updating DirectDraw, so what we got in DirectX7 for DirectDraw is what we may have forever. It''s still there (or at least still in DirectX8, haven''t used DirectX9) but it''s more of a "deprecated" feature.

quote:Original post by porthios
quote:Original post by Jower

Did it get removed in DirectX8? No it did not.

Microsoft just stopped updating DirectDraw, so what we got in DirectX7 for DirectDraw is what we may have forever. It''s still there (or at least still in DirectX8, haven''t used DirectX9) but it''s more of a "deprecated" feature.

Not quite. The DirectX 8 SDK/runtime includes all prior versions of DirectX, but you have to link to DirectX 7 (not 8/9) to use DirectDraw.

<- Cow Soft, free software I''ve made
"Unfortunatly, when I sent the email, instead of writing "Best Regards" I ended up writing "Best Retards." - boolean
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
In DirectX 8 and above there is no DirectDraw. It''s all been merged in DirectX Graphics (which is 3D). To use DirectDraw, you must query the DirectX COM object (using QueryInterface or download the DirectX 7 SDK) for v7, otherwise it won''t work.

Chris Pergrossi
My Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"
Chris PergrossiMy Realm | "Good Morning, Dave"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement