Confusing Class Error.

Started by
14 comments, last by disanti 20 years, 1 month ago
Maybe if you posted the top parts of all your source and header files?? The top part is from the beginning of the file to the last #include line (including that line, of course)

That would be cool, maybe even helpful

EDIT: If you have dozens or more of files, we'll try something else...

[edited by - nonpop on February 29, 2004 7:23:16 PM]
Advertisement
Thats the thing, I don''t see a problem at the top of any of my files.

Hmmm, maybe I should just recode and hope for the best? :S
It wouldn''t be that hard to recode.
My game development blog: http://rykerlabs.com
As was said early on, the problem is not in the file you posted, but in a file you included from that one, likely a missing semicolon at the end of a class definition. Remove everything from your project, and add them back one by one until you've isolated the problem.

[My site|SGI STL|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|MSDN|Jargon]
Ripped off from various people

[edited by - wild_pointer on March 1, 2004 1:25:59 AM]
[size=2]
Ok, I''ve done some testing and the error is NOT my code. I tried other things that used to compile PERFECTLY and it is now giving these exact errors for EVERY class. :''(

I can''t program anymore! I tried reinstalling VC++ 6 but that didn''t help at all. I tried doing a clean install and it still doesn''t work! How did this happen so suddenly? I didn''t do anything to hard VC++. Could this have anything to do with building Allegro? That has some .bat file that had some VC++ settings in it. How could that ruin VC++ though?!

Please help me figure this out! Thanks!
My game development blog: http://rykerlabs.com
Hi Disanti

Found your post because I had exactly the same error.

After a little investigation of my code I found the error.

It was in an another header-file that I had included before the one with the error.

I was missing a semicolon at the end of the header file to end a class declaration

Hope you can use this.

Jakob
yep you''ve definitely forgotten a semi-colon at the end of one of your class header files.

-me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement