🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lesson 19 compile and run, but msg pop up initialization failed

Started by
2 comments, last by squall_gunblade83 20 years, 3 months ago
hi there, i download the lesson 19 code on the particle engine using triangle strips. The downloaded code can be compile and run correctly but i''ve created a new empty project and copy paste the original code. It can be compile without problem but when execute the code it pop up the message box "Initilization failed" why does this happen to my project and why the downloaded code can be execute but not mine? can enyone explain to me what is this problem and how to overcome it?? Thanks
Jz wan to learn more about OpenGL
Advertisement
You have to place the Folder and it''s contents in the Debug directory. The error is due to the program not finding the images listed in the InitGL section of the program.
You have to place the "Data" Folder and it''s contents in the Debug directory. The error is due to the program not finding the images listed in the InitGL section of the program.
Whoops, There it is again.
Thanks guys, now the program can be run but do we need to add images of our own when writing a particle system? is it compulsory?

i''m jz a beginner...
Jz wan to learn more about OpenGL

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement