AngelScript 1.6.1 beta 4 has been released

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 20 years, 2 months ago
I''ve just released the 1.6.1 beta 4. This new versions brings the support for operator overloading, partly at least. The operators that can be overloaded are all the binary operators, except compound assignments. The unary operators and the compound assignments will be supported in the next versions to come soon. I''m a bit pressed on time right now and I don''t know how much you all know about AngelScript already, so instead of me trying to explain what''s new to someone that has never heard of AngelScript before I''ll just open this thread for questions. So, any questions you have, about new or old features, just fire away. www.AngelCode.com

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Advertisement
I saw in your mailing list that single line console command mode on your TO-DO list. I used a cheap trick to do that. each time a console command is executed, I dump it in a function and recompile/execute.

void console()
{
------line here--------
}

:D

Jayanth.K
Raptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Jayanth.KRaptor Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.http://www.raptorentertainment.com---------------------------------------------------------Why Mr. Anderson? Why? ...Why keep fighting? Do you think you're fighting for something - for more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom, or truth, perhaps peace, could it be for love? Illusions Mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception. Temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
Yes, that is what I currently recommend. Others do the same thing already. But it is not very efficient, and hopefully the scripting engine will soon have native support for one-liners

It would basically do what you''re doing now, put the line in a script function, compile it (without removing the old code) and then run the function. All before returning from the method call. I''m just thinking about how I should do about any return value.

www.AngelCode.com - game development and more...
AngelScript - free scripting library

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement