Directplay 8 any non mfc examples?

Started by
9 comments, last by johnnyBravo 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi, i''m wondering if anyone knows of some non mfc directplay 8 examples. As I don''t use mfc, and all the dx sdk samples use mfc! Thanks,
Advertisement
This example hides DP8 and DP8Voice in a single package with a pair of controlling and notification interfaces. Just plug & play.

http://pages.infinit.net/cbenoi1/r_1_5_0.zip

-cb

[edited by - cbenoi1 on March 23, 2004 8:35:16 AM]
as far as I know of, not every dx sample uses mfc.

for example, the maze sample from DirectPlay uses clean cut DirectPlay, it event doesn''t use DirectPlay Lobby, should be a good start to you

quote:Original post by cbenoi1
This example hides DP8 and DP8Voice in a single package with a pair of controlling and notification interfaces. Just plug & play.

http://pages.infinit.net/cbenoi1/r_1_5_0.zip

-cb

[edited by - cbenoi1 on March 23, 2004 8:35:16 AM]

ill definitely have a look at that

quote:Original post by AI_the_rapman
as far as I know of, not every dx sample uses mfc.

for example, the maze sample from DirectPlay uses clean cut DirectPlay, it event doesn''t use DirectPlay Lobby, should be a good start to you

cool i don''t want to use lobby either, ill definitely have a look at that,

As far as I thought, none of the DirectPlay samples in the sdk use mfc. However most all of them do use wrapper classes defined in the common folder. Now if it is actually those wrapper classes that are confusing you, I''d suggest to simply work through the tutorials in the SDK which if my memory is correct do not reference those wrapper classes at all.
Hmm i actually was looking at the tutorials at the start, and i am quite convinced they use mfc ,

....and not the wrappers, of which you have already said
Actually, no you are quite incorrect on this. Simply check the dependcies of the binaries in the DirectPlay sample folder for yourself and you see that not a single one of those binaries are dependent on MFC. And before you suggest that they were linked with the static MFC lib, the binaries are far too small for that to be true. I learned DirectPlay by working through the tutorial section in the SDK and not one single bit of MFC was used in the tutorial. I think you are confusing the wrapping classes which start with C in their names with the classes of MFC which also all start with C. That C has nothing to do with MFC, it is only a naming convention that signifies that the type is a class.
oh but isnt this an mfc window with mfc buttons? .or what is it then?
its from the second tutorial

and heres some source from it i thought was mfc,

// Launch the user interface. This method will block until an error
// or the user exits.
DialogBox( hInst, MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDD_MAIN), NULL, MainDlgProc );

ive never actually used mfc before, so im not certain whats what
No, that is not MFC. That is plain old Win32 code. If it was MFC then that dialog would be derived from the MFC class CDialog and would be run with its DoModal member function.
believe Mastaba, he''s damn correct!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement