How to distribute Managed DirectX Application

Started by
2 comments, last by Ganniterix 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi! I am developing a game using Managed DirectX 9.0. I have installed the SDK on the pc i am working to develop the game and it works fine. I just cant seem to manage to run it on other pc''s even tough i have installed the DX 9.0 redistributable that usually ships with games. I am using C# (.NET) to write my game. I have generated a setup file and it detects the dependencies Microsoft.DirectX Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX Apart from those there are a couple of other dll''s that are required by the game to run, mainly game libraries that I have written. When i install the game on a pc that does not have the SDK installed the game simply will not start. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Advertisement
They need to have the .Net framework (not the SDK) installed on their computer. The .Net SDK should come with a redistributable version of that. It''s about 20 megs, so it''s a bit of a heavy download, but they only need to do it once.
You have to install DirectX redist with /InstallManagedDX command line switch... Also, be aware that if you are using summer update 2003 SDK, you need redist from this summer update 2003 SDK, as standard DirectX9.0b redist has only old version of MDX...
Bulma
Thanks Bulma !

Your idea was what i needed!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement