My First Tutorial

Started by
4 comments, last by PnP Bios 20 years, 1 month ago
Here it is. After three long nights of typing, it is finished at last. State Based Game Programming I hope I got that link right. Anyways, what do you guys think?
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Advertisement
You go the link right !

You are implying that all windows return to a common message loop, so all your game windows need to recieve messages, pass them back to the WinMain, which needs to pass them back to the window for response.

Is this more efficient than having any window handle specific messages it''sself ?

(Genuine question, I am not trying to ctiticise you, at least you have a Tutorial out )
To tell the truth, this tutorial had SDL in mind when I was writing it. Everything would run in the same window. I think that this would be faster because there are no clumsy if statments, and it is called directly. This method also seems to be more friendly with multi-threading, if the situation arrises.
Bump? Seriously, what do you guys think?
Not too bad. Compare it to my tutorial on game states and let me know what you think - http://tonyandpaige.com/tutorials/game1.html

Tony
I never thought about using a stack...
I can see the obvious advantage to using them for this purpose. I think I like my method for transfering control just a little bit better. Only because a global function for switching states gives you a little more freedom. I could be wrong though. My next tutorial will cover general engine orginization.

BTW like my site?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement