problems with projections

Started by
1 comment, last by capn_midnight 20 years, 1 month ago
Okay, so I'm writing this program for a graphics algorithms course. I have to implement projections. I've already implemented transformations, and I know that works right, so now I just need to figure out why my projections don't work edit: old, stupid code removed. [edited by - capn_midnight on April 2, 2004 8:02:22 AM]

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

Advertisement
okay, after about 12 straight hours yesterday (hey, I only worked a half-day), I've managed to completely rewrite my projections. Apparently, I was doing them backwards. Atleast now I am getting stuff on the screen. The problem now is that it seems to be shearing the scene in the y axis with respect to the x axis, but they only shear I utilize is an xy shear with respect to the z axis.

anyway, my code.

code update, apparently some people didn't know a VRP is a View Reference Point. I was under the impression that was pretty much standard notation amongst people that have studied graphics.

capn_midnight | Captain Midnight | deviantArt
ACM | SIGGRAPH | Generation5

[edited by - capn_midnight on April 2, 2004 10:56:21 AM]

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

okay, it''s coming along, at a snails pace. I actually have something recognizeable on screen now, but it doesn''t quite look right. the link above is broken now. use this link now.

capn_midnight | Captain Midnight | deviantArt
ACM | SIGGRAPH | Generation5

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement