plz introduce some good books about OpenGL and GameDev !

Started by
13 comments, last by Ensi 20 years, 1 month ago
I like gamedev but I''m a newbie ! so can you tell me some good book about that! , I need it!
Advertisement
Are you new to programming or game programming?

If you are new to programming and want to learn C++ I would suggest Accelerated C++. The approach it takes to learning is very good and you will learn some of the standar library like different data structures and templated functions. It also teaches C++ in a good way, it introduces features when needed in the program that''s being made.

If you are new to Game Programming I don''t know. I''m lost in game programming right now, I need help in this too. But you might try learning an API like SDL. You can use it with OpenGL later on for input and stuff.
I''ve known C++ before. But visual c++ is not. So I wanna learn them at the same time (visual C++ and OpenGL)
to Unidentified: can you give me that link !
www.gametutorials.com
nehe.gamedev.net
www.codesampler.com

A good book is OpenGL game programming. Visual c++ is c++, or it is a IDE for developing c++ programs in (and more).

LizardCPP

[edited by - LizardCPP on April 3, 2004 11:50:51 AM]
There are more tutorials in the FAQ.

Edit: Kevin models the book so well.

[edited by - tiffany_smith on April 3, 2004 12:08:55 PM]
You want a good book about OpenGL and Gamedev you say? I might know of something remotely like that...

"Beginning OpenGL Game Programming" (2004) and "OpenGL Game Programming" (2002) [glbook.gamedev.net] by Dave "Myopic Rhino" Astle and Kevin "Khawk" Hawkins

[edited by - michalson on April 3, 2004 12:06:06 PM]
Kevin is teh sexy.
Quote:Michael TanczosCut that shit out. You shouldn't be spying on other people.. especially your parents. If your dad wanted to look at horses having sex with transexual eskimo midgets, that's his business and not yours.
can you give me that ebook !!, I don't have money to buy it ! thanks, I need some ebooks about visual C++

[edited by - Ensi on April 3, 2004 11:56:47 PM]
quote:Original post by Ensi
can you give me that ebook !!, I don''t have money to buy it ! thanks, I need some ebooks about visual C++

[edited by - Ensi on April 3, 2004 11:56:47 PM]

What you say? How about you get a job and earn the money for the books instead of stealing them. I know I''m in no position to make any calls around here, but I''m sure mods will not appreciate this kind of behavior so I''m just giving you some advice - don''t ask for something like that again.
okay !!!, I will not ask like that, I will find it by myself

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement