Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nohearn

sorry

Sorry about that... I checked out those sites and well they dont'' help. Actually I have been on the internet for hours now, trying to find some help with that problem. But either no know has written about it or I just can''t find it. I can find sites that explain 2D cross products (which i already know), but nothing on 3D. I ran into this site, hoping someone could help. Does anyone know a good site, or wish to take the time to explain the basic formula? Yes this is for a homework assignment, but I could really use some help. I go to a college, which lacks in great teaching skills. Again, I am sorry for breaking your rules.

No, not a vector calculus class. Interactive Graphics. The Professor puts his notes on the web. I would give you the site, but it is lock to those only in his class. Plus it mainly talks about 2D.

So, a 3D cross product takes only 2 vector and returns the third. then why am i given 3 vectors to do the problem?

Guest Anonymous Poster
I think it''s just a case of Confusing Problemitis. What the instructor really should have written was

(X2 - X1) x (X3 - X1) = ?
etc...

That is, subtract the point X1 from X2, etc

He was just writing the cross product like a function instead of an operator, I guess.