good c# ide

Started by
3 comments, last by PatrickD 20 years ago
Hi, Could somebody point me to a good ide to use with c sharp. I tried SharpDevelop but I don''t really like it because it takes up a lot of memory (I have around 128MB of memory) and it runs very slow.
Advertisement
Well, how about Visual Studio? I would say it is the best. Or are you looking for free IDEs only? I think you need more memory on a development machine. It is so cheap these days. Even another 128MB will do wonders for ya.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
You''re basically SOL. There are a few other C#/.NET IDE efforts I''ve come across, but none has the cachet of SharpDevelop.

You need more memory, unfortunately. If you have a desktop, I''d say spending $50 to $100 to double or quadruple your memory is more than worth it.
You can always get by with a good text editor like SciTE coupled with NAnt.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
Ok thanks, it looks like I'll have to upgrade my memory a little bit, I was going to do it in some time anyway. I guess I'll go with Arild's solution for now.

[edited by - PatrickD on April 5, 2004 4:47:33 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement