ALT+TAB in C#.NET Full Screen - Working example needed

Started by
5 comments, last by robpearmain 20 years, 1 month ago
I have searched on many boards, including this one for a simple example of successfully working code for handling FULL SCREEN MODE ALT+TAB in C#.NET to no avail. Can anyone help me and post a working example Many thanks
Rob
Advertisement
(Double Post...)
But anyway are you trying to restore the device after you minimize the app and then come back? If So here''s what i do.

basically have a minimized boolean and when the form is minimized set it to true, and on the paint handler chenck if minimized = true and if so do device.reset(device.presntparams)

if you do this you have to have a handler on the device''s Resize event with the fillowing code { e.Cancel = True }...

hope that helps...

i would post code, but i am using vb until either i get C# or until .Net 2005 comes out...
I''m having the exactly same problem and I haven''t solved it yet. Here''s a thread where I''m ruining for the answer (for quite a long time ): Click

Business is business and Moses is Moses
[Homesite]
http://www.drunkenhyena.com/cgi-bin/view_article.pl?article=1008

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
Awesome, awesome, awesome

I can''t believe I never found that link
Rob
Oh, and this is the modified code with the resizing handler I was missing

using System; using System.Drawing; using System.Windows.Forms; using System.Diagnostics; using Microsoft.DirectX; using Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D; namespace Testa { 	public class Game : System.Windows.Forms.Form 	{ 		static void Main () 		{ 			Game app = new Game(); 			app.InitializeGraphics(); 			app.Show(); 			while (app.Created) 			{ 				app.Render(); 				Application.DoEvents(); 			} 		} 		private Device device; 		private VertexBuffer vertices; 		// Has the device been lost and not reset? 		private bool deviceLost; 		// We'll need these to Reset successfully, so hold them here 		private PresentParameters pres = new PresentParameters(); 		protected void CancelResize(object sender, System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs e) 		{			e.Cancel=true;			Trace.WriteLine("CancelResize");		}		protected bool InitializeGraphics() 		{ 			Format current = Manager.Adapters[0].CurrentDisplayMode.Format;				// Set up our presentation parameters as usual 			pres.Windowed = false;			pres.BackBufferFormat = current;			pres.BackBufferCount = 1;			pres.BackBufferWidth = 640;			pres.BackBufferHeight = 480;			//pres.PresentationInterval = PresentInterval.Immediate;//PresentInterval.One;			pres.SwapEffect = SwapEffect.Discard;			device = new Device(0, DeviceType.Hardware, this , 			CreateFlags.SoftwareVertexProcessing, pres); 			// Hook the DeviceReset event so OnDeviceReset will get called every 			// time we call device.Reset() 			device.DeviceReset += new EventHandler( this .OnDeviceReset); 		// Similarly, OnDeviceLost will get called every time we call 			// device.Reset(). The difference is that DeviceLost gets called 			// earlier, giving us a chance to do the cleanup that needs to 			// occur before we can call Reset() successfully 			device.DeviceLost += new EventHandler( this .OnDeviceLost); 			device.DeviceResizing += new System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler(this.CancelResize);			// Do the initial setup of our graphics objects 			SetupDevice(); 			return true ;   		} 		protected void OnDeviceReset( object sender, EventArgs e) 		{ 			// We use the same setup code to reset as we do for initial creation 			SetupDevice(); 		} 		protected void OnDeviceLost( object sender, EventArgs e) 		{ 			// Clean up the VertexBuffer 			vertices.Dispose(); 		} 		protected void SetupDevice() 		{ 			// Set up the device's RenderStates 			device.RenderState.Lighting = false ; 			device.RenderState.CullMode = Cull.None;  			// And create the VertexBuffer 			vertices = CreateVertexBuffer(device); 		} 		protected override void OnKeyUp(System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs e)		{			if(e.KeyCode == System.Windows.Forms.Keys.Escape)				this.Close();			base.OnKeyUp(e);		}		protected VertexBuffer CreateVertexBuffer(Device device) 		{ 			VertexBuffer buf = new VertexBuffer( 				typeof (CustomVertex.PositionColored), // What type of vertices 				3,                                     // How many 				device,                               // The device 				0,                                     // Default usage 				CustomVertex.PositionColored.Format,   // Vertex format 				Pool.Default);                         // Default pooling 			CustomVertex.PositionColored[] verts = 				(CustomVertex.PositionColored[]) buf.Lock(0, 0); 			int i = 0; 			verts[i++] = new CustomVertex.PositionColored( 				0, 1, 0, Color.Red.ToArgb()); 			verts[i++] = new CustomVertex.PositionColored( 				-0.5F, 0, 0, Color.Green.ToArgb()); 			verts[i++] = new CustomVertex.PositionColored( 				0.5F,  0, 0, Color.Blue.ToArgb()); 			buf.Unlock(); 			return buf; 		} 		protected void SetupMatrices() 		{ 			float angle = Environment.TickCount / 500.0F; 			device.Transform.World = Matrix.RotationY(angle); 			device.Transform.View = Matrix.LookAtLH( new Vector3(0, 0.5F, -3), 				new Vector3(0, 0.5F, 0), new Vector3(0, 1, 0)); 			device.Transform.Projection = 				Matrix.PerspectiveFovLH(( float )Math.PI/4.0F, 1.0F, 1.0F, 5.0F); 		} 		protected void Render() 		{ 			if ((deviceLost) || (System.Windows.Forms.Form.ActiveForm != this))			{ 				// Try to get the device back 				AttemptRecovery(); 			} 			// If we couldn't get the device back, don't try to render 			if (deviceLost) 			{ 				return ; 			} 			// Clear the back buffer 			device.Clear(ClearFlags.Target, Color.Bisque, 1.0F, 0); 		// Ready Direct3D to begin drawing 			device.BeginScene(); 			// Set the Matrices 		SetupMatrices(); 			// We're going to draw colored vertices in 3D 		device.VertexFormat = 				CustomVertex.PositionColored.Format; 			// Draw the scene - 3D Rendering calls go here 			device.SetStreamSource(0, vertices, 0); 			device.DrawPrimitives(PrimitiveType.TriangleList, 0, 1);   			// Indicate to Direct3D that we're done drawing 			device.EndScene(); 			try 			{ 				// Copy the back buffer to the display 			device.Present(); 			} 			catch (DeviceLostException) 			{ 				// Indicate that the device has been lost 			deviceLost = true ; 				// Spew a message into the output window of the debugger 			Debug.WriteLine("Device was lost"); 			} 		} 		protected void AttemptRecovery() 		{ 			try 			{ 				device.TestCooperativeLevel(); 			} 			catch (DeviceLostException) 			{ 			} 			catch (DeviceNotResetException) 			{ 				try 				{ 					device.Reset(device.PresentationParameters); 					deviceLost = false ; 					// Spew a message into the output window of the debugger 					Debug.WriteLine("Device successfully reset"); 				} 				catch (DeviceLostException) 				{   					// If it's still lost or lost again, just do 					// nothing 				} 			} 		}		private void InitializeComponent()		{			// 			// Game			// 			this.AutoScaleBaseSize = new System.Drawing.Size(5, 13);			this.ClientSize = new System.Drawing.Size(292, 266);			this.Name = "Game";			this.Load += new System.EventHandler(this.Game_Load);		}	} }  

[edited by - robpearmain on April 13, 2004 6:48:08 PM]
Rob
quote:Original post by robpearmain
Awesome, awesome, awesome

I can''t believe I never found that link

I had just posted it the other day, so not surprising at all. I''m glad it helped. I was very annoyed that in all the info out there no one had put together a nice simple example of fullscreen & lost devices. So I figured I''d better do it.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement