Screen mode not being restored

Started by
2 comments, last by TreborZehn 20 years ago
First of all: I'm using DirectX 9 (summer update) C++. I'm doing a simple program that runs in full-screen mode. Everything seems to work find but when I exit the screen is not returned to its original resolution. Has anyone else seen this? Can it be fixed or is it a video card problem? I've downloaded the latest drivers from the manufacturer a couple days ago, so please don't suggest that. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. (p.s. The _REF object works fine.) "Good code will come and go, but bad code sticks around." edit: spelling [edited by - TreborZehn on April 15, 2004 10:37:48 PM]
"Good code will come and go, but bad code sticks around."
Advertisement
Are you releasing all of your interfaces when your app exits? Especially make sure that your app releases the D3D device.

neneboricua
Crank the DirectX debug level as high as it goes and carefully review the debug output. There might be something useful there.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
I didn''t know how to check the debug output until recently (see other recent post by me). But when I get home I plan to ensure everything is being released.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement