Visual C++.net noob question

Started by
7 comments, last by PartyOmNi 20 years ago
I just switched to Visual C++.net from 6.0. I can''t find the "compile" button. Where is it? I also had another problem with the language. I have a Japanese IME (multilanguage support bar) added on to my computer. The problem is, even with VC++6.0, or VC++.net, my "forward slashes" for newline and stuff becomes \(japanese yen sign). How can I get this fixed? Thank you for taking time to look at this noob question.
Advertisement
I also would like to include,,, because of these dumb yen signs, I can''t compile my programs. grrrrrr
By default you should have a build toolbar enabled. If not, right click on an empty space beside a toolbar, and check "Build". There you should have the build and rebuild commands. You can also rearrange the toolbars to your liking or even create own ones.

For the japanese stuff; no idea, you could try to change the editor font though.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

You could try replacing \''s with ??/ though I''m not sure how good MSVC6''s trigraph support is.
thank you very much guys. Im just gonna contact microsoft about the Japanese. I just hate them, because even when registered a 1000 dollar program, their support is crap.

Thank you
you should be able to compile with any “ú–{Œê characters... including the B

I have been using C# and the .NET framework to work on an app with Japanese characters and it seems to work fine, the only thing was saving my .cs file, or in your case .cpp into unicode format.

As for your backslash generating a  symbol, I don''t know about that... What exactly does this toolbar do for you? Windows has a cool Japanese IME that lets you switch from romaji, ‚Ђ炪‚ȁ@‚Ɓ@ƒJƒ^ƒJƒi@really easily, so you can probably get rid of that toolbar.

Good luck!
Thank you...
every single time I start up windows, it starts up and the setting for the IME bar becomes japanese. I set it that way. However, when I program some thing like ...

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout<<"hello world"\n"<
return 0;
}

my slashes are still the yen sign. Can I still compile like that?
Also, In the build button... can't you just compile with out adding it to a project? (Win 32 console)

Thank you for taking time to read this.

[edited by - partyomni on April 20, 2004 1:49:11 AM]
quote:Original post by PartyOmNi
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
cout<<"hello world"\n"<
return 0;
}

my slashes are still the yen sign. Can I still compile like that?
If it''s the same (ASCII) code, then you can still compile it. AFAIK, some fonts (Unicode fonts primarily) render backslashes as Japanese Yen. They are still backslashes though. Why don''t you try?
thank you for reply.. I do, but then it gives me an error message saying that...

Unable to start Debugging.

Unable to start program ''c\DocumentsandSettings...''

The system cannot find files specified.

which is weird because when I was running VC++6.0 with out the Japanese IME tool bar it would run.

my only options are to take out the Japanese or reinstall all my visual studio products.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement