glut game mode

Started by
4 comments, last by TechnoGoth 20 years ago
I''m trying to find more information on glut game mode. I''ve read the man pages, but they arn''t overly helpful. Does anyone know of some good faqs or troubleshooting guides? ----------------------------------------------------- "Fate and Destiny only give you the opportunity the rest you have to do on your own." Current Design project: Ambitions Slave
Advertisement
I would suggest using something better adept for games like SDL. Their website is at: www.libsdl.org
sup sup
Take a look at this:
GLUT Game mode
I took a look at that link, but it doesn''t have a great deal of information on gamemode, the information it did have I already knew. I want to know more about conflicts that can arise from using game mode, is universally supported and tested? Or should I avoid glut and game mode entirly since it may not work on all PCs?

-----------------------------------------------------
"Fate and Destiny only give you the opportunity the rest you have to do on your own."
Current Design project: Ambitions Slave
I used glut game mode for a little while and didn''t notice any problems moving between computers. I switched to something else because it just makes a window that fills the current resolution, so if the desktop is running at 1920x1200, then you get a 1920x1200 window. I switched to SDL, it lets me actually change the resolution.

My 3D Pirate Game is in need of a better name, want to help?
quote:Original post by Mr Grinch
I used glut game mode for a little while and didn't notice any problems moving between computers. I switched to something else because it just makes a window that fills the current resolution, so if the desktop is running at 1920x1200, then you get a 1920x1200 window. I switched to SDL, it lets me actually change the resolution.

My 3D Pirate Game is in need of a better name, want to help?

that probably wasn't game mode then. the glut command fullscreen is diffrent from glut game mode. Game mode allows you set the resolution, color depth and refresh rate, it is suppose to enter real fullscreen mode and as opposed to fullscreen which just makes a window the size of the screen.

Proper full screen, mode should be more efficent since it eliminates the overhead that exists with using a window.

-----------------------------------------------------
"Fate and Destiny only give you the opportunity the rest you have to do on your own."
Current Design project: Ambitions Slave

[edited by - TechnoGoth on April 22, 2004 10:57:36 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement