Please try my new game Kball

Started by
1 comment, last by kronoman 20 years ago
Hi, I'm releasing this WIP of Kball, a game of skill and reflexes, non violent, suitable for all ages. The idea is to move the ball around the map, without falling, without running out of time, and getting the prizes, in order to reach the exit. The game is almost finished, It needs sound, music and more levels, and testing before final release. The main feature of the game is the built-in map editor, so anybody can make their own maps. ( I will need a map designer soon, so, if anybody wants to test it ) The game available is for Windows (source code will be available soon, after I finish some issues with it, so Linux users will be able to play it too) It can be downloaded at http://kraptor.sourceforge.net/kball_wip/ There are screenshoots too. Please test it, and give me feedback , in order to lead me to a successful final version, that will, hopefully, be finished in a couple of months. BTW, the game has no name yet, it was going to be called "Blue balls of steel" but someone told me that it sounds bad, so I need a new name (kball is the internal development name). [edited by - kronoman on April 21, 2004 12:15:38 AM]
Advertisement
I think the ball is too big...
and if you could do an animation of the ball rolling, this will be great too.
beside that, very fun game!
I love those kind of games.
I''m working on a sphere mapping of the ball, that will give the ball rolling animation effect.

the 3D look is not totally finished, is a experimental feature done today.

Also, I''m aware that balls bounces in a strange way, I will try to fix it too.

I will try to improve the map editor, and also, there will be different kinds of tiles for arrows, jumps, etc (the code is done already, but I did not draw the tiles yet).

Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming.

BTW, final version will work on Linux too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement