J2me and ktoolbar

Started by
4 comments, last by CRACK123 20 years ago
Hey, I was wondering if KToolbar compiles and also executes preverify or does it just compile ? Secondly to compile for a specific Nokia phone do I need that specific Nokia series sdk or compiling with WTK will do ? Thanks
The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know
Advertisement
Yes, it does preverify. And yes, you can use the WTK libs instead of the phone-specific libs (as long as you aren''t actually using any of the Nokia-specific classes).

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke
You can compile against APIs which the phone does not support, as long as you don''t try to load any classes which use them at runtime.

I use this with MMAPI, I just made a class called MMSounder which extends my base class Sounder. The app detects the presence of MMAPI and only creates an instance of MMSounder if it''s present. You could do that equally with any other API only supported on some phones.

Unfortunately for Nokia''s fullscreencanvas it would be less easy, as you have to extend that, which would not be simple.

Mark
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

To markr: I didn''t understand the second part about nokia''s reply. That would be the case if I use nokia''s specific SDK correct ?

However I managed to make a simple Tic Tac Toe game using WTK in a day although I knew nothing about java . Just have to figure out how to draw score on screen and I should be done with the game. I will post another new post for it

The more applications I write, more I find out how less I know
I always get the error "Socket ***** is closed" or something like that, what did I do wrong?
If you use specific Nokia classes or use their functions, then it''s better to just download the SDK for that phone series. Also it might be better because of the proportions of the screen et cetera.

Don''t want to hijack the post, but does anyone know how to avoid a Major.minor version conflict?
I don''t have my Development station here, so I can''t look up the exact error message, but I get this error when I try to compile and I''m not sure what''s wrong...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement